Vaccine?

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
if you already had it you should have already been immune????
The CDC recommends everyone get the vaccine even if you have had COVID before.
Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Experts are still learning more about how long vaccines protect against COVID-19 in real-world conditions. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The CDC recommends everyone get the vaccine even if you have had COVID before.
Makes no sense to me,just like getting a vaccine for a virus that mutates every year at least.We should have vaccines for the common cold then.
i see neon signs touting the vaccine on the way to and from work.It's all I hear about anymore. Makes me think of this meme..

"Just Say No"

Attachments

• 171967940_10208681107302929_2077187769827945076_n.jpg
    171967940_10208681107302929_2077187769827945076_n.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 120

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Makes no sense to me,just like getting a vaccine for a virus that mutates every year at least.We should have vaccines for the common cold then.
i see neon signs touting the vaccine on the way to and from work.It's all I hear about anymore. Makes me think of this meme..

"Just Say No"
Peer pressure works both ways Al. Wherever you got that meme, those guys are peer pressuring people to 'not' take the vaccine. I'm kind of glad my parents peer pressured me to get smallpox and other vaccines. Isn't polio a vaccine? Children worldwide receive it. Remember the sugar cube? I got the shingles vaccine and I get the yearly flu and pneumonia vaccine. Our immune system is weaker as we age. Mind you, I'm not pressuring you, just letting you know it works both ways.

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Peer pressure works both ways Al. Wherever you got that meme, those guys are peer pressuring people to 'not' take the vaccine. I'm kind of glad my parents peer pressured me to get smallpox and other vaccines. Isn't polio a vaccine? Children worldwide receive it. Remember the sugar cube? I got the shingles vaccine and I get the yearly flu and pneumonia vaccine. Our immune system is weaker as we age. Mind you, I'm not pressuring you, just letting you know it works both ways.
no pressure Bob.I just think their trying to make us fear each other by dividing us into the vaccinated and unvaccinated. I promise I won't fear you if you don't fear me. Got my own smallpox mark on my left shoulder proving my advanced age. That wasn't experimental though.Drank the polio as well.Of course I was a kid and no choice in the matter but things are different now.

Reactions: bobpbx
I didn't say anything,still trying to process it but lost my Mom to Covid january 17.she was only 71 and fairly healthy though over weight and high blood pressure.She was run down from being ran ragged by a couple of unapppreciative teenage kids that are no relation to us whatsoever so that may have had something to do with.Got pnuemonia and eight days later succumbed.She tried to get out of bed and when they ran to get her she collapsed in their arms and had a DNR and refused the vent. So I"m definitely not denying the reality of the virus just doubting the so called vaccine is the best answer.
Very sorry you lost your mom. Mine died last Dec at 96, thankfully not from Covid. Give yourself as much time as it takes to feel sad.
Carol

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I do not read every post and it is hard to believe but I missed the posts regarding your mom Al. I I just saw old jersey girl's post. Everyone here is so sorry to hear about your loss and we don't want the same thing to happen to you.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I do not read every post and it is hard to believe but I missed the posts regarding your mom Al. I I just saw old jersey girl's post. Everyone here is so sorry to hear about your loss and we don't want the same thing to happen to you.
I"m pretty fatalistic about such things Guy. One of these days all my numbers will line up and I"ll yell BINGO! and that'll be all she wrote,at least till act two anyway.my 37 year old cousin just had a heart attack last week.he drove himself to the hospital. He's always been a stout hell raiser.This took the wind out of him a bit. Just a reminder that some day we all yell BINGO! Thanks for the concern Y"all

Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Remember, I was with you along the power lines when you were about to yell BINGO. Put a scare in me and it appeared to do the same with you. Rethink your decisions and everyone here will feel better.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I know! It was when I almost died of heat exhaustion crossing Alquatka branch of the Mullica. That would have been a terrible way to go.I think I'd prefer death by hornets. The water was even not that day but I caught a black rat snake that day and that revived me!

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was scrambling trying to find the shortest way out. It was not fun for me then.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It happened to me along Cedar Creek about 20 years ago. I was wearing too much clothes and covering my head due to the pine flies. I had to sit down cause I felt faint. I knew I was in trouble. The humidity was outrageous that day. I had a quart of water and poured it on my head. Then I walked home in a daze.