Vivian Maier

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

If you have 5 minutes and are into photography, you may want to watch this video. It is an interesting report on a previously unknown woman street photographer who snapped 100,000 photographs over her lifetime, and her works were discovered at an auction from a repossessed storage locker. After looking over some of the photo's the man realized he may have possession of the works from one of the greatest photographer of our time. He was able to track down some of the other individuals who had acquired some of her works, and was able to get most of them for himself. He eventually found her name and doing a search on the internet he discovered her obituary from a few days earlier. I could go on but I think you will want to see it for yourself. I found it fascinating.

http://wimp.com/photographernanny/

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I am mostly into nature photography and have never cared much for city sights but this woman was good.I find it hard to believe she didn't know she was good and tried to get her work published.She could have been freed from nannyhood and worked full time on what was obviously her great passion.
Al

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I've been following this since it popped. Really an amazing find for that young fellow, and a reminder that for every talented artist who gains fame and recognition there are probably several more equally talented that the world will never know about.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I received this email the other day

Hi, my name is Anthony and I work at Artsy.net. While researching Vivian Maier, I found your page - forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/vivian-maier.6952/.
I wanted to briefly tell you about Artsy's Vivian Maier page, and about our mission. We strive to make all of the world’s art accessible to anyone. Our Vivian Maier page, for example, includes her bio, 110+ images of her works, exclusive articles about Vivian Maier, as well as her exhibitions.
I’m contacting certain website & blog owners who have written about Vivian Maier and asking them to help us achieve this mission by adding a link to Artsy’s Vivian Maier page. In addition to spreading the word about our Vivian Maier page, I believe your visitors would enjoy this content.
If you are able to add a link to Artsy’s Vivian Maier page, please let me know, as I’d love to share it with my team.
Best,
Anthony
[A.]
www.artsy.net
anthony.l@artsy.net