Wading River

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Has anyone tried the run from Carranza Rd. to Pleasant Mills Rd. in a canoe or Kayak? If so, would you share your experience? This run looks very remote and beautiful on the map. Also, has anyone tried their hand at fishing this stretch?

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I think by Carranza road you are referring to route 563 which is called carranza road on MSN maps for some reason. We refer to Carranza road as the one that runs from Tabernacle to speedwell/friendship road. Pleasant Mills road is most often referred to as 542.

That is a long stretch and is very popular except most people stop before you get as far as route 542 because it is tidal waters there. Some spots are very remote but the river is often filled with canoes/kayaks. You can certainly make it to route 542 if you wanted.

Jeff

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Thanks

Yes, thanks for the clarification, I did mean 563 to 542. Charcoal landing would probably be a better stopping point. The aerial view of that area is beautiful. Whenever I would do the run from Speedwell to 563 I wanted to continue on but never did for some reason. Probably easier to park a car at 563, but charcoal landing looks accessible.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Has anyone tried the run from Carranza Rd. to Pleasant Mills Rd. in a canoe or Kayak? If so, would you share your experience? This run looks very remote and beautiful on the map. Also, has anyone tried their hand at fishing this stretch?

Does this signal a trip to the pines? Let us know, it would be great to share a lake or stream again. Not like the old days, though. This time I won't let you and Tom ram me!
Greg

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Yes, thanks for the clarification, I did mean 563 to 542. Charcoal landing would probably be a better stopping point. The aerial view of that area is beautiful. Whenever I would do the run from Speedwell to 563 I wanted to continue on but never did for some reason. Probably easier to park a car at 563, but charcoal landing looks accessible.

Charcoal Landing and Beaver Branch are the same place I believe. It is one of my favorite spots to take in a swim.

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Yes!

Does this signal a trip to the pines? Let us know, it would be great to share a lake or stream again. Not like the old days, though. This time I won't let you and Tom ram me!
Greg

Yes, but I can't promise when and I can't promise no ramming either!!! Hahaha!!! You were in a inflatable raft, right? On Lily Lake if my memory serves me well. I lost a GIANT bass on my ultralight there---it wrapped around the lily pads and that's all she wrote!