"Walk-in" sign

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Had not seen one of these before. This one was just propped up on a tree beside a WMA road here and was obviously moved from somewhere else, probably one of the smaller roads/trails nearby.

walkin.jpg

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Odd, the wild turkey up here flourish without any extra protection from driving vehicles. I wonder what's going on, and who owns the land.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I wonder what's going on, and who owns the land.

This was in the Peaslee Wildlife Management Area, more than a mile from any private land. Couldn't find any references to this on the NJDEP website and a Google search didn't turn up anything either.

Like I said, the sign had obviously been moved from someplace else (why??). Guessing that the original location may have been on a more "primitive" road or trail.

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I see what they're doing. They are hoping to improve state land for Turkey by partnering with the state; such as seeding and cutting brush, etc. Likely, they have the insurance to do this.

Reactions: Boyd

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
NWTF is a good organization, I am a member and so are a lot of our Club members. There is a local Southern Jersey Chapter known as Tri-County Long Beards that we support monetarily too.

My Club hosted a well-attended youth hunt two weeks ago and NWTF sent a contingent who made a presentation to the kids that included firearm safety and calling and hunting techniques. We provide the food on Friday night and lunch and prizes after the hunt on Saturday.

Wildland937

Scout
Aug 24, 2016
New Germany
These types of sings have been around here for many years now. They usually end up getting ripped down...you know, out of sight out of mind and won't apply to me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Was driving down another road in Peaslee yesterday and a conservation officer got out of his truck and motioned to me. Stopped, rolled down the window and said "hi". He looked in my car and said "You don't look like a turkey hunter", laughed and said to have a nice day. :D