Warm, warmer, hot.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That site stops me from accessing it. No way around it using this computer.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
It just feels hotter.

Good article. I lived in Maplewood, northern NJ from 1964-1969. They flooded Memorial Park and we would ice skate when it froze December through February.

It is hard to understand how anyone does not take Climate Change seriously.

h2ochild

Scout
Nov 24, 2010
Bass River Township
That site stops me from accessing it. No way around it using this computer.
If you use another browser, the firewall counter will start again. You can read 10 more articles before it doesn't allow. This works for NYT as well. Also if you have a Firefox browser, you can put it in private mode, log onto this site and read away.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
July was the hottest month since they started keeping records in 1880. I guess Hannity has good A/C in the Climate Denial war room.

Better get prepared. The world only has 12-years left according to those you apparently believe in.

Reactions: 46er

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
The Cape May County Hearld had an article recently about a gentleman who has been a NWS weather watcher for over 44 years.
He hasn't missed a day collecting weather data during this time.
When asked about climate change he didn't offer any opinions other than his 44 years of objective data. He stated the following in the article:

"In general, the weather has changed," he pointed out. "The winters are definitely milder, and the summers are definitely warmer. We have less days of prolonged cold and more 90-degree days. We've had a couple of days in July 2011, of 102-degree temperatures, the highest ever recorded in over 100 years. A few days have been below zero, but that occurs so rarely."

Reactions: 46er

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
The Cape May County Hearld had an article recently about a gentleman who has been a NWS weather watcher for over 44 years.

A gentleman who worked for the NWS disagrees. That's very compelling.

NASA, American Association for Advancement of Science, American Chemical Society, American Geophysical Union, AMA, American Meterological Society, American Physical Society, Geological Society of America, US National Academy of Sciences, US Global Change Research Progam, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, US Dept of Agriculture, Department of Defense, Department of Education, Department of Energy, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, Department fo the Interior, Department of Transportation... I could go on for quite a while.

They all disagree with your "gentleman who has been a NWS weather watcher for over 44 years".

But I don't expect facts to make a dent in opinions of those who don't really care what the facts are.

c1nj

Explorer
Nov 19, 2008
The volunteer weather watcher has objective data indicating a warming trend.
I don't think he is disagreeing with anyone.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
The volunteer weather watcher has objective data indicating a warming trend.
I don't think he is disagreeing with anyone.
It isn't a warming trend. It's climate change. I listed a few of the many organizations who believe it is... Climate Change.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
A gentleman who worked for the NWS disagrees. That's very compelling.

NASA, American Association for Advancement of Science, American Chemical Society, American Geophysical Union, AMA, American Meterological Society, American Physical Society, Geological Society of America, US National Academy of Sciences, US Global Change Research Progam, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, US Dept of Agriculture, Department of Defense, Department of Education, Department of Energy, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, Department fo the Interior, Department of Transportation... I could go on for quite a while.

They all disagree with your "gentleman who has been a NWS weather watcher for over 44 years".

But I don't expect facts to make a dent in opinions of those who don't really care what the facts are.

Not to start a political discussion, but a large number of agencies and scientists disagree with the hysteria being spread by the global warming (now relabeled as climate change) crowd. Add to this the numerous times that NASA and other agencies have been caught with fudging the data and there is a lot of room for speculation. I personally don’t think this issue would even exist if there weren’t so many people profiting from this hysteria and those whose jobs depend on continuing the fear mongering.

• Love
Reactions: manumuskin

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
We need to build more nuclear generating facilities; the single lowest carbon producing power supply there is, but the groups yelling climate change are also yelling close down nuclear.

"Nuclear fission represents the only present-day zero-carbon technology with the demonstrated ability to meet most, if not all, of the energy demands of a modern economy." — THE ECOMODERNIST MANIFESTO

But there is a lot of money to be made promoting hysteric's. Al Gore is a very happy 1%'er; now he is pushing vegetable hamburgers. :eek:

The whole topic makes for entertaining reading. :D

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
But there is a lot of money to be made promoting hysteric's. Al Gore is a very happy 1%'er; now he is pushing vegetable hamburgers. :eek:

The whole topic makes for entertaining reading. :D

Good to see Al Gore found something meaningful like promoting vegan burgers after all the energy he expended inventing the internet. :)

I will never understand the dichotomy of vegetarians/vegans spending so much energy trying to find a palatable, weed-packed imitation of a naturally tasty grilled animal. Just eat the animal and be done with it. There is a reason why everyone loves the smell of a barbecue.

By the way, did you know that PETA really stands for People Eating Tasty Animals ?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
By the way, did you know that PETA really stands for People Eating Tasty Animals ?