Warren Grove

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I was out by Warren Grove today. I was exploring the pine plains a bit when I started hearing jet noises. For some reason I thought they only used the range on weekend days.

I drove up Bombing Range Rd. until I hit the gate. There was a small crowd watching jets basically just flying in circles. They weren't doing any bombing runs or anything.

I managed to get a marginally okay photo. Would have liked to have had a longer lens.
IMGP2881.jpg

Reactions: joc

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Still a nice photo.

I was in Green Bank recently and they flew over.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Ben
I have seen them do runs on week days many times,as a matter of fact the only day I have not encountered planes out there is on Sunday.
Being they are Air Reserves you would think they would do runs on sunday though?

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Ben
I have seen them do runs on week days many times,as a matter of fact the only day I have not encountered planes out there is on Sunday.
Being they are Air Reserves you would think they would do runs on sunday though?
Dont forget Some of these Jets come from outside South Jersey. Also not all are Reserves(someone else told me that)

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
So, besides the pygmy pines, is there anything to see in the plains? The 1930s aerials and the historic maps don't show much. I'm guessing industry just ignored it for obvious reasons...?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I know of what appears to be an old sled for hauling logs along an old medder edge on the east edge of the plains just west of Westecunk creek.I can give coord if you interested.It is half buried in the mud and would be interesting to dig out and get a better look.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Is that the one we past by on PBX when you were not with us?

Guy