Washington/Martha Get-Together

What day would you like to have this happen?

• Saturday March 5

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sunday March 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday March 12

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Sunday March 13

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Saturday March 19

• Sunday March 20

• Saturday March 26

• Sunday March 27

• Saturday May 2

• Sunday May 3

• Total voters

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
This is the official Washington/Martha Get-Together Thread. Answer the poll and discuss what you would like to do, your schedules, etc.

Edit: My vote would be for the 12th or the 13th.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I voted for the 5th because I want Steve to be able to be there. With that said, I will try to make the other dates if the 5th is not chosen. I may not make the Sundays.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Marianne expects me to spend time with her on weekends. Maybe she'll want to come, what's the agenda?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
ecampbell said:
Marianne expects me to spend time with her on weekends. Maybe she'll want to come, what's the agenda?

I am sure we will be doing some bushwacking, we always do. It is hard to explore and not. Maybe it will be minor, but I always expect it not to be.

At least that is my take on it.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
One other thing. Since we will most likely be visiting sensitive ruins, anybody who places a Geocache/Letterbox where we have been will be banned from the site.

Sorry, but I don't want a million people tromping around these ruins.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Stu said:
There are already caches at Washington and Harrisville, away from the ruins. As far as I know none are at Martha.

I know that. Those caches are in areas that can handle the foot traffic. Basically, we're going to be way off the beaten trail at Harrisville (or at least I like to think so.) We're going to (hopefully) find some ruins that are extremely hard to locate. I don't want us going to some hard to find cellar hole and then someone end up putting a cache there. Then more people will come, the more chance that a souvineer collectors will come, beat down paths to all of these interesting places, etc. Considering the abysmal job the state has done in protecting Harrisville thusfar, I don't want to contribute to ruining these places any more.

I don't have a problem with Geocaching, I just have a problem with increasing the amount of foot traffic to these places. There is one place in particular that some members of my site discovered, and now there's a cache there that really should NEVER have been put there.