Washington/Martha Get-Together

What day would you like to have this happen?

• Saturday March 5

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sunday March 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday March 12

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Sunday March 13

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Saturday March 19

• Sunday March 20

• Saturday March 26

• Sunday March 27

• Saturday May 2

• Sunday May 3

• Total voters

PBJ1971

Scout
Oct 19, 2004
Belleplain, NJ
I gotta vote for March 12 (Saturday). The kids will be away that weekend and it's the start of 'spring break' from college...ah, conversation with other adults--what a treat!

Heather in SJ

All,

The weekend of 3/12 3/13 for this explore is not working out for Guy and myself. Weather permitting, we are planning a hike/explore of the Washington area on Saturday 3/5. We need to get in shape for an upcoming 10 to 12 mile bushwhack that a mad man....er....a....fellow member is planning.
I have not planned a route yet but the plan is to put in maybe 7 to 8 miles of hiking on dirt roads or trails and explore the area around Washington. Anyone who's schedule is in conflict with the weekend of the 12th is welcome to come along as long as you don't mind a long hike.

Steve

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bruset said:
Ok - looks like Sunday the 13th is the popular day.

Can people make it for that day?

I go to the pines every Saturday and try to stay home on Sundays to be with the family, so I will have to pass.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
How about the 19th? Is this time enough to give everyone a chance to plan in advance and let the snow melt?

I can't do it this weekend, and I don't want to have it happen on the same day as a hike that was planned far in advance.

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
Nice weather we're having. :) Yeah I agree...we can plan down the road...Good to see the interest though! As for the geocaching...it ain't my thang...but I am up for looking for stuff not easily found...

stay warm

tg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben and All,

I am going to back out on attending for various reason which I will explain.

First off, most of the time I can't make Sundays. This will allow you to plan on a Sunday and not have to have me posting saying I can't make it. I have so much going on for Saturdays that I am getting behind in what I need and want to do before the vegetation starts growing and makes it tough on me.

I have some exploring I need to do at Speedwell, along the JCRR, and I just was awarded the Brookville Quad which means quite a bit of driving for me in future Saturdays. And with the warmer weather coming I am hoping to hook up with Bob to do some plant searching and photographing since I feel that it is about time that I get to know the plants I step on all the time in the pines. Over 30 years of exploring in the pines and up until last year I knew the cranberry! I also have postponed twice a hike with a man I work with, and I have to explain all this time spent in the pines to my wife. I also have to prepare for as Steve mentioned a major hike in the coming months.

So my time in this weather is limited, and I have much to do before it is lost until the fall. I need the coming weeks for other endeavors.

Guy