Washington Tpke 745 acre thinning bid

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
A few more from the same day:

Recent burn near Mount.
20180603_102648.jpg

This guy was squished near Quaker Bridge.
20180603_101155.jpg

Riders Switch, south of Hampton's Furnace. The road is blocked maybe 100 yards in, but there are fresh bulldozer tracks.
20180603_122645.jpg

Hampton's Trestle
20180603_125816.jpg
20180603_125700.jpg
20180603_125538.jpg
20180603_125549.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy
Is your balance as good now as it was when that photo was taken?

Was on vacation last week and Jessica took this video of me. Just a few years ago I would not stagger at all and this shows differently. For me it is very concerning.
The odd sound you hear is my cell phone.

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sending these to my mom so I figured I would post it here also.

Coming back across the lake in the boat we came upon this floating "bull tube" with nobody around. Happens all the time so we bring it to shore and leave it on the beach for someone to come for. Jessica took this of my youngest daughter.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Was on vacation last week and Jessica took this video of me. Just a few years ago I would not stagger at all and this shows differently. For me it is very concerning.

Not sure if I would have been any more surefooted in the rocks myself. For work I sometimes need an extension ladder, not comfortable anymore and if I need to walk a pick [aluminum plank] I'm shaky. Getting into the boat reminded me of my instability. While the boat was much larger than the outboard you were on I never had an issue stepping or jumping from the dock to the edge [gunnel] while boarding. Now when I go with a friend on his 28' dive boat I aim for the dive ladder to grab as it is mounted on the side of the boat. Getting off onto the dock is no issue, just getting on.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com

Looks to me like you just temporarily lost your balance.On the really narrow rock in front of the boat you did just fine.If your concerned maybe you should get your inner ears checked.ears are supposed to have a lot to do with balance. I lose my balance a lot anymore but I think it's from belly sway,you shouldn't have that problem.

Reactions: RednekF350

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Just a few years ago I would not stagger at all and this shows differently. For me it is very concerning.

Looks normal for a person with gray hair ;), you didn't go for a swim or crack a rock, but at your annual checkup might want to mention it to your doc. As Al mentioned, the inner ear does control balance.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Looks normal for a person with gray hair ;), you didn't go for a swim or crack a rock, but at your annual checkup might want to mention it to your doc. As Al mentioned, the inner ear does control balance.

Looks totally normal for a displaced Flatlander struggling to walk on hard minerals. I wouldn't worry at all.
That's bad advice though, coming from me. :) I just got a lower back x-ray that confirmed I'm crumbling. They prescribed 500mg Naproxen twice a day :eek:. I didn't even fill it. I then read an article that running a 0.08 blood alcohol has the same pain relieving effect as most meds. I reached for the Jim Beam and never looked back.
Can't say it if it ain't true. Besides, it was on the internet.
https://bodyinmind.org/alcohol-pain-relief/

Last edited:

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
Along Washington Tpk the parked earthmoving equipment is now gone, and red clay fill dirt has been brought in and dumped in hundreds of small (maybe 3/4 cubic yard each) piles all along both sides of the road. Not sure what they're intending to do with it, the road surface is already near perfect. Maybe widen it to two lanes?

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
Along Washington Tpk the parked earthmoving equipment is now gone, and red clay fill dirt has been brought in and dumped in hundreds of small (maybe 3/4 cubic yard each) piles all along both sides of the road. Not sure what they're intending to do with it, the road surface is already near perfect. Maybe widen it to two lanes?

The piles of dirt are from the original berm of the road on each side of the shoulder edges. It is going to be placed back on the road and regraded.

Reactions: Boyd