We are out of control.....

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I knew a fellow who used to play any angle you could think of when it came to tax stuff. He had a home based business and wrote off every penny of food, vet bill, care for his little dog as "security expenses for the business"
My accountant when I told him about said it was cheesy but you could get away with it. He expressed to me many more creative tax dodges. People are funny. Yeah, paying taxes sucks but it's really still lying and cheating.
Messing with taxes is one place I won't go. not worth it in my opinion.

g.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I've got a raccoon out back that might qualify. She does dishes, so I guess that counts as domesticated. She's more legal than Illegal Immigrants - she was born here.

Better treat her well or she may haul you into court... :D

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97994&page=1&page=1

"Any animal  at least one with a sense of self  should become eligible for legal rights," says Wise, a lecturer of animal law at Vermont Law School and Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine and author of the new book "Drawing the Line."

Rather than being regarded as property, as animals now are, chimpanzees and other higher mammals should be represented directly in courts in the same way that abused children are appointed legal guardians, Wise argues.

Wise has been leading the cause to grant higher mammals the right to have suits filed in their names.