Website for all to check out

B

BarryC

Here's a site with a similar idea in mind as this one, with one big difference: It's about New York City. It has been one of my very favorite websites for at least 3 or 4 years now.
I've always been fascinated with New York City, historically, architecturally, and so on, and so forth.
http://www.forgotten-ny.com/

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Barry,

I just got around to checking out this site. Thanks for posting it! I have been reading it for a while and haven't put a dent in it yet. :D

Guy

B

BarryC

You got that right. That site is pretty extensive.
Glad you are enjoying.
Barry
TeeGate said:
Barry,

I just got around to checking out this site. Thanks for posting it! I have been reading it for a while and haven't put a dent in it yet. :D

Guy

B

BarryC

Sometime in the last month or so, the layout of the front page was changed rather drastically, and I'm not sure which way I like better.
When I first discovered the site I was reading about the old (sometimes VERY old) signs on brick buildings, and about old style street lights that he was finding, and so on. I was hooked on the site almost immediately. He updates a lot, because he explores a lot, and does a lot of digging around. One of my favorite sections is "You'd never believe you were in New York City". Then there are the cemeteries. It would be cool if I lived a lot closer. I could join the forgotten tours. I would do that in a heartbeat.
bruset said:
I like the content but the layout kinda sucks.

If you're into hardcore exploring (and tresspassing) there's always Action Squad.