Website for Vacant Property Acreage and Lot Size

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Does anyone know if a website exists to obtain the lot dimensions for a parcel of land that is owned by an entity. For background, I have a lot next to me in shamong that is 1.67 acres that I want to purchase. The owner gave me what I feel like is a ridiculously high offer for what I think is unbuildable land. Its a very deep property but narrow, I would like to see if there is a website that I can see the exact land dimensions of the lot. Also does anyone know what the minimum lot size to build on in Shamong is?

Thanks

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Does anyone know if a website exists to obtain the lot dimensions for a parcel of land that is owned by an entity. For background, I have a lot next to me in shamong that is 1.67 acres that I want to purchase. The owner gave me what I feel like is a ridiculously high offer for what I think is unbuildable land. Its a very deep property but narrow, I would like to see if there is a website that I can see the exact land dimensions of the lot. Also does anyone know what the minimum lot size to build on in Shamong is?

Thanks
Probably varies by zoning areas. Call the construction permit office at your township building.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you can't get the info you want let me know your block and lot number and I will work on it.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
NJACTB.org provides the most current tax ownership information and includes lot area and in some cases, zoning. I use that almost daily and more than any other source.

Shamong is 100% under the jurisdiction of the Pinelands Commission rules. There is no public sewer in Shamong. So, ignoring the zone and some other increased density programs such as clustering, the minimum lot size for a single-family home is generally 3.2 acres with a conventional septic. Utilizing an alternative technology septic system ($40,000 +) lot size may be reduced to 1 acre. Those minimums could be higher depending on the zoning and if you are a pre-1979 owner, you may qualify for relief from some zoning requirements.

Ed Toussaint is their Zoning Officer and he is very knowledgeable. Your best bet is placing a call to him with the block and lot information.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpbx and Boyd

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Scott, why doesn't that search link have Ocean County in the drop down box in search?
Don't know Bob. I noticed that a few years ago. Ocean County does have their their own system that is fairly user friendly. The NJACTB is an Association and not really a government agency. Their information is extremely current.

The link that Boyd posted is also another daily go-to of mine to show quick and dirty property lines on an aerial. I just used it ten minutes ago to send a request to a local MUA to confirm my field observations that a property was not able to be served by public sewer.

Reactions: Boyd and bobpbx

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Reactions: bobpbx

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Thanks for the information everyone. I know the people across street from me built a house on 1 acre but must have used the alternative septic. I will try to contact the gentleman you provided, thanks Scott.