Weird electronic mishaps in the pines

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Not once, but twice recently I was in the piney woods and perfectly good batteries just died.
A couple of weeks ago I was listening to my walkman, two fresh AAA batteries, died without warning. Then this week, I was in Rocky Point and the freshly charged AA batteries in my camera just died. Good thing I had some extra batteries on me. Later, when I was out of the woods, I used the batteries and they worked fine.
Oddly enough before the battery problem I saw a dog in the distance on the trail, but when I got to the point where he was, I couldn't find any dog tracks. Also last year, with an older camera, the camera lens got stuck very close to the area I was in, and needed service. Perhaps something there doesn't want you to take many photos or dislikes the use of electronics?
Have you experienced any weird electronic malfunctions in the pines?

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
wow, i finaly got my "molecuar disturbance tributilater" to work, i was testing it in the pines the other day, but i forgot where i transported my dog to ?:cry:

Ariadne

Explorer
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, WV
I've had compasses go crazy in the Pines, wherein the arrow just spins, never finding north.

I think it is because of the limonite more than the aliens though.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
onehand said:
wow, i finaly got my "molecuar disturbance tributilater" to work, i was testing it in the pines the other day, but i forgot where i transported my dog to ?:cry:

I have a dog. Maybe I could borrow your tributilator :) ?

TrailOtter

Explorer
Nov 24, 2007
Regarding electronic mishaps, this past weekend I was hiking the Batona Trail with my GPS and usually the track was dead on where I was. Crossing 563 to White Horse Road, it all of a sudden when squirrely on me. The track ended up far to the right of White Horse Rd on the map. It was fine up that point so who knows??

Where is Mulder when you need him??
15.gif