Weird New Jersey = Dumb Daughter

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
Well, I almost got in trouble once. A group of us (bout 5 years ago mind you) went up to the sanitarium up wherever in Essex. Unfortunately this was also the same night it burned down. Not only were we trespassing, we were arson suspects. We were lucky and got to leave because my one friend's mom was a cop in Elizabeth, and another's was a dispatcher for Seaside. I actually put together a writeup about the whole thing not long afterward.
I still find it funny that the cops didn't seem to notice 2 of the kids had knives strapped to their belts, but they questioned the contents of one kid's Mountain Dew bottle. They also made us hand them our Wendy's bag, which, to their horror, concealed a slice of tomato.

That and getting kicked out of Carusoville after a fire are the only times I've ever "gotten in trouble", and I didn't really get in trouble either time.

I need to stop showing up at places right after people try to burn them down.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Stu said:
That and getting kicked out of Carusoville after a fire are the only times I've ever "gotten in trouble", and I didn't really get in trouble either time.

So you are one of those "strange" people that pbxbob mentions he notices at Carusoville :)

Guy

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
Probably not. Haven't been there in well over a year, now that I know there really isn't that much to see. I take that way a lot to get to Mt. Misery, but I don't go down the Carusoville road anymore.

I've been to Brooksbrae quite a few times, both day at night, and have never seen rangers, or anyone at all, back there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Why is she hanging around with people who carry those weapons? Sorry but I just had to ask.

Guy

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
i will keep my comments about the state of north jersey to myself
but about kids or adults having weapons on them, well......to me it fits in with north jersey which i consider much of to be a slum suburb of NYC.....gee i just could not keep it in
bob, keep your kid away from those thugs if they are those weapon carting kind. i have a stepson that has gone down that path and is now is a homeless person steeling to servive
sorry for venting

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Nice post in their forum Steve. It will be interesting to see the reply from WNJ.
I have been carrying some sort of knife almost since birth, its just the way I was raised. My grandfather and father were never without a knife.
It sounds like your daughter's friend wasn't taking any chances with two large knives and some knuckles.
Then again they were in North Jersey! :D
Good luck to you and your daughter with the court appearance.
This too will pass.
Scott

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
Yes. Very good post. Betcha it gets locked or deleted, and you get banned.

Of course they rely on people to go to these places; they'd run out of material if they didn't. Then they'd actually have to write their own articles and take their own photos again.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That is a good post Steve. Like you I have definitly done much worse. I think it is pretty obvious why your daughters friend was carrying these knives and things, I really doubt they were planning on mugging anybody or getting into a fight. These places always have rumours of the supernatural and satanists, if I was going there I would bring protection also.

There is that time between getting your drivers license and being old enough to get in a bar (17-21) where you get real bored and will jump at a chance to go on an adventure like Hells gates. I really doubt this incident is a precursor to your daughter having a life of crime. Good luck with the judge.

Jeff

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
This topic sort of came up again. One of the Marks (yes, it's really him), registered at a friend's board. I was going to bring up your daughter and your post on their boards, but I figured what I wrote was already long enough.

It's here if anyone's bored enough.

...and boy, does his spelling suck.

This topic sort of came up again. One of the Marks (yes, it's really him), registered at a friend's board. I was going to bring up your daughter and your post on their boards, but I figured what I wrote was already long enough.

It's here if anyone's bored enough.

...and boy, does his spelling suck.

Ha! What would be cool is if someone wrote an article about them. They're wierd and in NJ. LOL

Steve