weird nj book

B

bach2yoga

Any one picked up the Weird NJ book? It's on the bestsellers table in the bookstores!
Picked it up today.

Renee

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I saw it. It has pretty much everything that was in the magazines - nothing really new.

Plus it's filled more with people's letters than actual articles and stuff. Really put me off.

B

BarryC

I've been meaning to go get it. I don't want to pay full price for it, but I've got this coupon that I can use at Waldenbooks. It's just a matter of getting down there.
I don't expect it to be earth-shattering, but I'll probably enjoy it anyway, like I have with all their magazines.
bach2yoga said:
Any one picked up the Weird NJ book? It's on the bestsellers table in the bookstores!
Picked it up today.

Renee

B

bach2yoga

bruset said:
I saw it. It has pretty much everything that was in the magazines - nothing really new.

Plus it's filled more with people's letters than actual articles and stuff. Really put me off.

It has articles followed by letters "substantiating" the article. :rolleyes:
But there were a couple of Vineland stories, the 2nd statue of liberty, the Palace Depression, the institute for the feeble minded, etc., so I picked it up.

The Paulinskill Viaduct is in there too.

I don't have any of the Weird NJ mags, so this seemed like a fair compromise.
Renee

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
i highly recommend you do not buy this book. its like a compilation of the magazines and also several of the articles are FREE on the website... i went to that weird nj book signing too, nothing more than a presentation version of that same book. very business-like and not worth leaving work early to go to. i mentioned several south jersey places to the marks, who took intrigue to my comments and promised that i would email them the details. yea right, like im gonna let them post our treasures in their magazine on my accord? haha.

B

bach2yoga

stizkidz said:
i went to that weird nj book signing too, nothing more than a presentation version of that same book. very business-like and not worth leaving work early to go to.

That's what most book signings are like. :|