West Branch of the Wading River

scubabruce

Scout
Jul 1, 2011
ATCO, NJ
Now, are there any good fish at the actual old bogs they have there? Or just in the Wading River you explored? It's odd because I did see vehicles back there upon my visit. Had to "step aside" with the baby in the stroller. There has to be some way for you to do it!! I will be heading back shortly because I missed an awful lot there at the Preserve. However, gorgeous.
You can fish there with a license - lots of pickeral, maybe bass. The people I've met with vehicles in the preserve were doing scientific studies of some sort and had permission to be in there with a vehicle (and had a key to the gate). One guy owned a nursey and was collecting seeds from rhododendrun (sp) plants.

scubabruce

Scout
Jul 1, 2011
ATCO, NJ

Attachments

• lyrs=h@186000000&hl=en&src=api&x=9598&s=&y=12429&z=15&s=Galileo.png
    lyrs=h@186000000&hl=en&src=api&x=9598&s=&y=12429&z=15&s=Galileo.png
    191 bytes · Views: 212

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You can fish there with a license - lots of pickeral, maybe bass. The people I've met with vehicles in the preserve were doing scientific studies of some sort and had permission to be in there with a vehicle (and had a key to the gate). One guy owned a nursey and was collecting seeds from rhododendrun (sp) plants.

Some of those are members of this site.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I never saw your photo's until today. Nice adventure!

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I doubt it. They just have access for their vehicles. Insurance I suspect.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Rob from work and I hiked down from 563. It is somewhat intense.

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/a-late-april-exploration.7179/

I hiked east of 563 this morning and you are correct about being the area being intense. I had to push through a dense wall of briers and brush much taller than me for awhile. It was fun even though I got scratched up and soaked.

I haven't seen that many Wood ducks in a small area before. The wet lands along the Wading was full of them. Either that, I kept seeing the same pairs.

Reactions: pineywoman