Wet Forest - Formerly Known as Dry Forest

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Appears the Rancocas is acting up again.

1711243332519.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyd and Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Medford is having issues as well.

Medford police Facebook.

DUE TO THE RAIN AND WEATHER CONDITIONS, THE FOLLOWING ROADS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
--HAWKIN ROAD FROM CHAIRVILLE ROAD TO SKEET ROAD.
--CHAIRVILLE ROAD-NORTH OF ROUTE 70 TO NEW FREEDOM ROAD.
--CHURCH ROAD FROM NEW FREEDOM/WILKINS STATION ROAD TO EAYRESTOWN
ROAD.
--NEW FREEDOM ROAD TO EAYRESTOWN ROAD
AS THE CONDITONS CHANGE THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL CLOSURES AND DETOURS. PLEASE AVOID THESE AREAS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

• Wow
Reactions: stiltzkin and Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I went to Middle Township yesterday. As I'm going down the parkway south, I notice during gaps in the woods, that the meadows on the east side of the parkway are swamped. Underwater. I suppose this was the large tide (or the second) they were speaking of. On my way back north, all those meadows of salt grass and what not were gray in color from this tremendous tide.

Also, this was 11 hours ago I think.

1711538310369.png

Reactions: dragoncjo and Boyd
Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
I went to Middle Township yesterday. As I'm going down the parkway south, I notice during gaps in the woods, that the meadows on the east side of the parkway are swamped. Underwater. I suppose this was the large tide (or the second) they were speaking of. On my way back north, all those meadows of salt grass and what not were gray in color from this tremendous tide.

Also, this was 11 hours ago I think.

View attachment 22390
Tide?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
There was a flood warning in effect yesterday for parts of Atlantic County. Initially I found that strange since there was no rain, but when I read the whole thing, it said that some rivers/creeks were still above flood level as a result of all the rain last weekend. The warning I saw was for the Folsom area however and it expired at 4:00 PM.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
There was a flood warning in effect yesterday for parts of Atlantic County. Initially I found that strange since there was no rain, but when I read the whole thing, it said that some rivers/creeks were still above flood level as a result of all the rain last weekend. The warning I saw was for the Folsom area however and it expired at 4:00 PM.
We got out for a short trip. There’s a lot of water pooled up and slowly draining. There are puddles in areas that don’t normally have puddles and most have currents.

Reactions: dragoncjo and Boyd

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
It’s a little late but it’s been a crazy week. Sunday we went out to see how the woods looked. We stopped at nearly every river crossing between Atco and Batsto. It was very wet.
First stop was the bridge at Goshen. Water was actually flowing around the bridge to the west.
D48370DD-0637-4A8A-ADBA-79AD1C8041E3.jpeg

Further downstream at the plastic bridge it was completely under water. Last week the water was about a foot below it

D21E8A41-1F1C-44A9-AAA0-8B596A28F103.jpeg

Down the Batsto at Quaker Bridge the entire flood plane was filled. And it was flowing through the cedars. Further down at one of the beaches we stopped.
5151209B-95FB-4757-BE1B-E0B98B0F6856.jpeg

Then at Constable Bridge the water was nearly up to the bridge.

Last edited: