Wet Forest - Formerly Known as Dry Forest

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Nothing here at all, it got dark and windy for a little while but no rain. After it passed, the temperature had dropped about 10 degrees though.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We were in Turnersville on Sunday morning at 6AM and the parking area was flooded and we had to move down the row a little. And it rained here quite a while on Saturday late afternoon or so. I was busy so I did not check the gage.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Around 7:30 AM on this beautiful, brisk morning. :)

IMG_0039.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Looks like some rain may finally be coming Tuesday through Wednesday night, but still a chance of rain for the rest of the week. Predicted totals vary, with the heavier rains apparently in the Southern Pines. Right now, they estimate a range of 1 to 1.75 inches for me in Atlantic County with a range of .5 to 1 inch in the middle of Wharton. Whatever we get, it will be good. Getting pretty dusty around here right now!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Wow, the forecast really seems to have changed. Currently only predicting between 1/10 and 1/4 inch of rain today and the same tonight, with less than 1/10 inch tomorrow. Guess the dry spell is going to continue.

Reactions: PINEY WARDEN

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was raining on my way to work this morning. As I left the house it started and I had the wipers on all the way in. Just went out and checked and the parking lot and cars are all wet. Nothing coming down the rain gutters yet.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Very light rain here overnight and basically nothing this morning. At least it cut down the dust (which had gotten really bad) on the roads they recently scraped in the Peaslee WMA. Looks like the main part of the storm is headed out to sea with some smaller areas of rain in DelMarVa that might be headed our way. Going out for my walk now, while it's still dry! :)

Screen Shot 2024-09-18 at 8.07.30 AM.png

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica was sent an email from the weather station report at our house and it says in September we had .35 inches of rain.

Reactions: bobpbx and Boyd