Wharton/Atsion 2009 clean up?

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Baron rode with me
(no small task for a guy about 7'2" to fit into a 1983 S10 cab) he's a good sport though.
g.

Please note my view of this remarkable feat....:)

101_4040.JPG

Ahhhhhhh....yes indeed we made strides into keeping the woods free of debris for another day! Lots of participation as usual. Missed Dave, believe I had the pleasure of meeting Beaniam, and oh-so-happy to catch up with Scott, Dottie, George, and John....sharing the beauty of the day. A few other views to share. Registration and collection:

101_4041.JPG

101_4076_2_.JPG

A quick pass through Friendship after tackling a dumpsite on the Atco side:

101_4084.JPG

The cutest, new young member of the clean up crew:

101_4033_3_.JPG

Peace and quiet in the pines....

101_4122.JPG

Atsion Lake:

101_4125.JPG

Thank you all for the makings of a wonderful day. Creating fond memories with friends, treating the world well and having enough sense to stop posting photos depicting the end of the day....:) What more can one ask for, except for the chance to play again another day?

Thanks, turtle

Beaniam

Sep 28, 2009
Tabernacle, NJ
Had a great time and a relaxing evening hanging out at the cabins. Kind of disturbing though that I led a group out to old jackson/medford rd powerlines which was the same place I went last year and in 3 hours we managed to fill 2 trucks, 3 jeeps, and a flat bed trailer with trash that had appeared in 1 year.

Beaniam

Sep 28, 2009
Tabernacle, NJ
Yeah and we only made it about 2/3 of the way to the start of the housing developements. I also saw a decent sized pile of plywood/etc dumped on the road directly south of the powerlines which we didn't get a chance to get.

Beaniam

Sep 28, 2009
Tabernacle, NJ
apple pie hill already got trashed. went out with a group of jeeps tonight and picked up broken computer parts and monitors. Left the smashed pumpkins though.