Wharton Super

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I know they moved some people at IBSP around, lots of problems there. Maybe he is back there or with the PPA.

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
About month or so ago, a friend told me he read something to that effect on the Open Trails Facebook page. It was second hand info to me, based on something found on the internet, so it must be true, right?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Rumor has it that he is at Monmouth Battlefield State Park. If true, that is a drastic difference in location and size.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Pretty far commute for him. Who did they put into Wharton, or is it vacant?

Must have just happened as they appointed a temp at Monmouth in May.

PARK SUPERINTENDANT MARK PITCHELL RETIRES;

PETE MICHEL MOVING TO HANCOCK HOUSE

Monmouth Battlefield Park Superintendant Mark Pitchell retired on May 1, 2016, after a career of 46 years with the State. He started as a summer ranger in 1971 at Island Beach, then spent 13 years as superintendent of Monmouth Battlefield and another 13 years running Ringwood State Park in Ringwood. His second stint as Superintendant at Monmouth was from 2013 to 2016. During his career, Mr. Pitchell has had significant experience with successful privatization activities such as food concessions, boat rentals, and including shepherding the creation of a very high-end commercial catering arrangement at the Skylands Mansion at Ringwood State Park, which was the first of its kind for any New Jersey State Park. Your editor had the pleasure of working with him personally in 1983 when I was conducting a research project for the New Jersey Historical Commission on the location of the Civil War training camp called Camp Vredenburg within the bounds of the current battlefield state park.We thank Mark for his support of the Friends and our projects and we will miss working with him. We certainly wish him the best in his retirement!

Mark’s position as Superintendant is now vacant while a search for his replacement is underway. For the meanwhile, Inga Gabliks, the Superintendant at Allaire State Park, will serve as Acting Superintendant at Monmouth Battlefield State Park. This is her second stint with us, since she served as acting Park Superintendant for 4 ½ years from 2010 to 2013, after Chuck Sary retired. We welcome her back and look forward to working with her again.

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
So if Inga Gabliks is acting super at Monmouth Battlefield and Dave Robbins is acting super at Wharton, where'd Rob go?

Gabliks was appointed temp in May, perhaps Rob was appointed the permanent and no announcement yet. Pitchell was his old boss at IBSP. Except for the commute, probably a better spot for him in a SP versus a SF. Monmouth is very active. I should find out for sure tomorrow when folks are back in the office.

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
Rob told me he is on assignment for 6 months (Monmouth Battlefield State Park). Willy Davis is Area Manager for Atsion in the interim. Dave Robbins has been moved to another park, not sure where. Alicia Bjornson has been appointed historian at Batsto with the passing of John Marsa.

I kind a like Rob even though he has no interest in history
Don

To contact Rob:
Robert Auermuller
Superintendent
Monmouth Battlefield State Park
347 Freehold-Englishtown Rd.
Manalapan, NJ 07726
(732) 462-9616:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My dealings with him concerning anything except the MAP plan was quite good. I am sure people such as endure riders may not say that and I would agree with them. I did not have to deal with him in regards to anything like that.

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
I have been dealing with Wharton Supers since 1973 and Rob is better than most if not all. The two things I could not understand were the endure ride and the map.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Rob told me he is on assignment for 6 months (Monmouth Battlefield State Park). Willy Davis is Area Manager for Atsion in the interim. Dave Robbins has been moved to another park, not sure where. Alicia Bjornson has been appointed historian at Batsto with the passing of John Marsa.

I kind a like Rob even though he has no interest in history
Don

To contact Rob:
Robert Auermuller
Superintendent
Monmouth Battlefield State Park
347 Freehold-Englishtown Rd.
Manalapan, NJ 07726
(732) 462-9616:
Dave Robbins is the superintendent of Brendan Byrne SF.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
KtyyYEOcPA2Ri.gif