What is This Thing ?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I found this bag the other day in the woods near my home. It collapses to a flat panel and opens to a 24" high x 24' x 18" bag with multiple heavy duty hand loops. Each panel zips at the top for insertion of a rigid panel. It is very well made and has three QR codes on it. I checked multiple Google results after scanning the QR code and they range from almost unintelligible technical journal articles on disease to Maglite flashlight information. Nothing from the QR's seems even close. There is no manufacturer tags on it.
There is a handwritten marker on it stating "CT 188 1 of 3"

Once again I am having a photo rotation problem on import. The images need to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

Any ideas about the bag ?

(Update I fixed them Scott...Guy)

IMG_0561.jpg
IMG_0560.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Interior is reflective so it is likely intended to insulate. More handles than a normal cooler bag but if it was even filled half way it would be incredibly heavy, like 350 lbs if it were pure water.
Mysterious that it has QR codes in three places but no other info.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
There are some research points in my stretch of Wharton right now with flagging and codes written on the flagging. There is one within 200 yards of my house. I will check codes to see if they look like what is handwritten on the bag

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The loops on the sides look like pole loops, not handles. The larger loops look like handles, but would probably dump the contents if used that way. And there is webbing inside, perhaps to hold a tray or something. Maybe plants?

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
It looks very well made. The strap going through the middle will keep it from busting open when it’s full. Could it be a bin to put picked fruit like blueberries. There are refrigeration storage units not too far away from you. I could see berries staged in them prior to final packaging.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It looks very well made. The strap going through the middle will keep it from busting open when it’s full. Could it be a bin to put picked fruit like blueberries. There are refrigeration storage units not too far away from you. I could see berries staged in them prior to final packaging.

Yo, where have you been? Everything alright?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, but once the kids are grown, life can get much easier and you have more time to yourself. Sweet!

Reactions: Boyd and 46er

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I went back to one of the study locations today closest to where I found the bag and the codes on the flagging were not similar to those on the bag. Hmmmmm ???