what kind of frog?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
That's because, Alfie, there were two different ID inquiries. What made the matter confusing was that both frogs were orange and found in garages. The latter had the photo, which made identification easy (the wood frog); the other was described as orange, wee, stuck vertically, and potentially life threatening. :)

You never told me you heard a wood frog. Why haven't you taken me to it?

Whip

whip I've only heard recordings but I've caught wood frogs in cumberland county on occasion in areas that are very barrens,kirbys for one.i see them much more frquently in the mountains,poconos,wv and such but have seen them here.

J

jackwood

Hello,

I am Jackwood.This is my first visit to site.I am new to this site,but I’ve enjoyed posting in your forums.The frog in the pic is a wood frog.i have found them in cedar swamps in the barrens so they do live in the barrens.Bill is right on,they do sound a lot like leopards.their known to lay eggs far from permanent water sources in the most ephemeral of mud puddles and stump puddles.Guy is also right.There were two different ID inquiries.What made the matter confusing was that both frogs were orange and found in garages.

Thank you very much and Stay connected with me.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Hello,

I am Jackwood.This is my first visit to site.I am new to this site,but I’ve enjoyed posting in your forums.The frog in the pic is a wood frog.i have found them in cedar swamps in the barrens so they do live in the barrens.Bill is right on,they do sound a lot like leopards.their known to lay eggs far from permanent water sources in the most ephemeral of mud puddles and stump puddles.Guy is also right.There were two different ID inquiries.What made the matter confusing was that both frogs were orange and found in garages.

Thank you very much and Stay connected with me.

Jackwood

Welcome to the forum.Are you a herper?At one time Me and whip were actually misidentifying leopard choruses as wood frog choruses? I have never actually seen more then one wood frog on any given day but of course see leopards by the dozens.I have seen wood frogs in little bitty puddles that you know are very ephemeral way out far from any permanent water source,puddles too small and quick to dry up that any other frog wouldn't find it or bother with it.I also believe they frequent holler wet stumps though I've never caught one in such.
Al

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Jackwood

Welcome to the forum.Are you a herper?At one time Me and whip were actually misidentifying leopard choruses as wood frog choruses? I have never actually seen more then one wood frog on any given day but of course see leopards by the dozens.I have seen wood frogs in little bitty puddles that you know are very ephemeral way out far from any permanent water source,puddles too small and quick to dry up that any other frog wouldn't find it or bother with it.I also believe they frequent holler wet stumps though I've never caught one in such.
Al

Since when have Millbillys been allowed to use the word ephemeral? Isn't there an ordinance or something?:rofl:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Whippoorbill taught me how to use a thesaurus.Till he showed me one I thought it was some kind of dinosaur he found in a varve.You are correct though,most millbillys don't know Whip so most of them are limited to four or five letter words,most of them not nice:)
Al