Where is this?

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Not that it makes it any better, but that memorial plaque has been there for several years and it is epoxied to the wall.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
I thought the same thing when I saw it, but Gibby is right about the epoxy. I have a close up pic but it's a give away. I'll wait a little while before I post it.

John-

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Mr. German and Mr. Gibby have it. It is the inside of the gristmill wall.

Plaque.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Besides the legal aspect of that, they obviously don't care that we may want to see a wall without that on it. :bang:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Thats was my sentiments also Guy. I appreciate them wanting to memorialize the man but on public property and on a historical foundation I"d deem that inappropriate. It's not bad enough we have to be reminded of death and mayhem every time we take a ride to the store.Roadside memorials everywhere.Never used to have that when I was a kid.Even folks back windows are now soaped and painted as memorials to the dead.This is what graveyards are for.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
...It's not bad enough we have to be reminded of death and mayhem every time we take a ride to the store.Roadside memorials everywhere.Never used to have that when I was a kid...

I never understood why people would want to memorialize a death site. I always preferred to tell my kids and other folks where people were born and celebrate that instead!

John-

Reactions: manumuskin

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I was going to say the clay pits but the water doesn't look right. I'm stuck trying to figure out what kind of car it is.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I was going to say the clay pits but the water doesn't look right. I'm stuck trying to figure out what kind of car it is.

This was 13 years ago. It was one of those stupid cars that belong in a ditch; like an AMC Pacer or Ford Pinto, or some old ridiculously designed Plymouth.

pink w car.PNG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe I know where it is. I just can't find my photo's. It is along (adjacent) to the old Tuckerton line near the train siding we visited. I can't think of the name right now. There are or were signs along that path when we were there.