Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The Kell family was big in Atsion and David Kell was the foreman at Hampton Park for many years. I am not sure of his relationship with your photo. There is a photo of David Kell in Beck's hardcover book showing him standing right next to the packing house at Hampton Park holding a weight that was forged at Hampton Furnace. That weight is now in the possession of the daughter of Daryl Goodrich I have been told. I unfortunately did not get a chance to see it.

The 1940 census shows David Kell to be 70 years old and still the foreman at Hampton. I find it interesting that the person who took the census at Hampton in 1940 was Roland Buccialia. When I was a kid he or his son was the Postmaster of the Marlton Post Office when it was on Main street near route 73. As a young kid I was friends with his son in school.

Guy

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
028.JPG Where is this?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Yes Bob, about 3/4 mile above Goshen Pond. There are 2, reasonably close to each other.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I can't nail it Ed, and I can't even come close. But you can tell its on the Batona trail, and I'm guessing it is just east of the Batsto River along a minor tributary.