Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In 1991 Morris Sklar deeded the property to Morris Sklar and his niece Judith Axelrod as joint tenants with a right of survivorship. I am assuming he added his niece on the deed because he may have been ill. Just a guess. Judith is or was from Great Neck NY. He was from or is from Vincentown. I am uncertain if they still own it because there was a sign there which made me believe a realtor was selling it themselves but I may be incorrect. Maybe the niece still owns it and lives in NY. The property is 26. 05 acres.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Where is this?

3-16.PNG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If I am correct he lived in Whiting. Check out his photos. He must have been really sick.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Webbs Mill Branch, just east of 539

Yes, and I might add that the place is in the worst condition it could possibly be in. The water level at the boardwalk is the highest I've ever seen it. I will be contacting someone I know at the state to try and convince Fish and Game to extirpate the beaver for good. Look at it now. Here is my theory; whenever someone takes the initiative to destroy the dam, they do it by throwing the wood in a pile. Now there are 4 huge piles, jus the sort of buttresses the river rats need to make their work easier. Now all they need to do is make 3 little dams.

wmd1.PNG

wmd2.PNG

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They have to be removed. See if the state people you know needs help and I will join in with the cleanup.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You know Bob, Jessica is for the beaver. She wants them to extirpate ......well you get the idea :)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
They have to be removed. See if the state people you know needs help and I will join in with the cleanup.

I think your idea of citizen volunteers to pull the wood out is good but for one thing; we'd create a huge flood and wash out the road, then we'd all be in the water.

I sent the info in to the state just now.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I doubt it. Mickey and others have removed it at least once with no problem. Plus, it could be done over two days.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I think this is the 3rd or 4th go 'round for the Wells Mill Beaver colony :eek: The damn dam has to be removed gradually to let the water drain and keep an eye open for things that rattle. A controlled burn might work.

This was back in 2012, looks bigger due to the water level. Good luck getting any state help ;) Where is the PPA when you need them?

142637605.jpg

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Possible solution: plastic pipes with side holes that allow the water in along its length. The pipes are put in below the desired water level. The beavers can't figure out what's happening and counter it. It's been tried on Parker Preserve and seems to work.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Possible solution: plastic pipes with side holes that allow the water in along its length. The pipes are put in below the desired water level. The beavers can't figure out what's happening and counter it. It's been tried on Parker Preserve and seems to work.

No plastic pipes in the pinelands for me. No beaver either.