Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That complete road is interesting. I walk it all the time looking for stones.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I usually don't post the difficult ones having only the natural landscape in them, but I thought that if some of you like these open pine groves as much as I do, you'd get this spot with a couple of guesses. If you come within a 1/4 mile radius of this one, that is close enough to tell me you love these pine groves too.

pinegrove.PNG

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
These beautiful beds of Carex pennsylvanicus always seem to be in places that were known to be fields at one time.Would my theory that this sedge grows there because the humus/root layer of the heath family was eradicated by the plow?If so how long would it take to grow the heath layer back? martha and Quaker bridge have been unplowed for well over a hundred years yet the carex still reigns! I imagine fire keeps the succession at bay but this makes you wonder how the heath plants would be able to maintain a foot hold anywhere in the Barrens.The plow must be deadlier then fire in regards to heath plants.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I used to eat at Pine Grove all the time.Pine grove restaurant in Dorchester but alas, their closed down now.The food was good but the name couldn't be beat!
That's twice in one day you took me back in time to that area. Pine Grove was on 47 right? And now I assume it's no longer. If I'm thinking of the right place that was the best diner in the area to eat. It was always a treat when we compared to a Wawa hoagie between charter trips

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Pine Ridge the building with it's sign still exist about two miles south of WaWa on the west side of 47 right next to where Taylors Run crosses the road.There is a spring in the swamp behind the parking lot and occasional arrowheads found in the sandy bottom stream.My friend has excavated many many artifacts out of the earth along that creek but alas,the restaurant closed down ten years ago or more. The never cared how grungy i was when I crawled out of the woods they'd still feed me.Kinda like a Lucille's Down Under.

Reactions: smoke_jumper

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
This might be too easy, but since Ro and I have passed it a zillion times and I don't remember seeing it in here, at least we'll memorialize it.
.jpg or .PNGBurned Out Building..png