White Deer Appear in Jersey Woods

bdaltonph

Aug 25, 2013
There seems to be quite a few in the Browns Mills area. Rumor I heard was a group was released in Fort Dix years ago. I took these pics last year near there

Attachments

• IMAG0786.jpg
    IMAG0786.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 813
  • IMAG0789.jpg
    IMAG0789.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 730

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
when I lived in Browns Mills I used to see a substantial heard all the time in a fairly specific area. they always looked like ghosts in a blackened- burnt over forest. As was the case after a prescribed burn.

nice pics bdaltonph

Jeff

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Very cool! I have spent my entire life in the woods and have never seen a white deer. I have seen Piebald deer, but never one that was all white.

I have herd about the white deer in Browns Mills. Seneca Army Depot in NY has a large population of white deer.

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
While making tea this morning a piebald deer appeared right outside my dining room window. The wife and I scrambled to find a camera, only to have the flash go off and ruin any chance of a close-up. Boots went on and I was able to salvage the opportunity with a distant photo (piebald marked by arrow below). It appeared to be at least 90% white with little brown patches. The size was goat-like. Although it had the proportions of a fawn, this piebald's head appeared to be that of an adult deer. The gait was that of an adult too, although it seemed tamer than a normal deer. Can a piebald be dwarfed too?

S-M
Preview of “Untitled”.jpg

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Yes piebald deer can be dwarfs too. Piebald or albino is a genetic defect. Usually with a genetic defects come other defects such as dwarfism or other problems if you will. Like a doe with horns will sometimes not shed her velvet or will have not capacity to reproduce.