Whitesbog Trust Rentals

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I have a friend who lived there in the 80's. It was cheap or free because he participated in the cultural events. They got their drinking, bathing and washing water from a water tower there. One day someone had a reason to climb the tower. Upon looking in they found pigeons and other vermin floating and otherwise in the water.

Just thought I'd share. I don't get to tell this story much. :)

Ed

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Free protein with your rental :) There has been quite a bit of renovation work at the village, at least it looks that way. My last visit had the Tundra Swans already there.

I would contact the Whitesbog Trust, as they lease the buildings. I'd bet they can put you in contact with the appropriate person. Not sure how to contact anyone at Brendan Byrne SP since they shut the office down.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Ben I believe they are all rented but saturday is volunteer work day and someone in charge should be around.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I emailed the director of the trust yesterday. Knock on wood I'll get some kind of response either way. I'm not keeping my hopes up that there's a house open for rent, though.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Ben,
Are there not yearly's at Atsion? That would be a cool gig but I am not familiar with your commute requirements.

g.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Nah, I'm actually going to end up moving to Princeton. Signing a lease on Monday.

Best wishes. I used to work in Princeton Jct for a company called Mathematica in the early 80's, they have since been bought up by Martin Marietta and then sold again.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
It's about an hour and fifteen minutes to Atsion from Princeton, which is only 30 min longer than what it takes me from Brick. Getting to the FRM's shouldn't be too bad either, since I can just shoot right down 539.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yeah, but as a bonus you'll be really close to the Delaware Water Gap. :)

Good luck with the new place Ben, and I hope you find happiness in the new year!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It's about an hour and fifteen minutes to Atsion from Princeton, which is only 30 min longer than what it takes me from Brick. Getting to the FRM's shouldn't be too bad either, since I can just shoot right down 539.

Lot of history up that way, Battle of Princeton occurred on January 3 one of the big ones during the Ten Crucial Days. There is a state park on the site now.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Yeah, but as a bonus you'll be really close to the Delaware Water Gap. :)

Good luck with the new place Ben, and I hope you find happiness in the new year!

Still closer to the pines I think. You might be able to make Columbia at the gap on 80 from Princeton in an hour, but I think it will take longer most times, and anyway all the nice parts are well north of there, so add another 30 minutes. Not a bad deal, though, to be in the middle on a line between the two coolest parts of NJ :).

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well, all I know is that I'm a LONG way from the Gap down here, 2.5 hours maybe. One of the few drawbacks of living in the southern part of the pines. :)