Whiting

whitingrider

Explorer
Jun 28, 2007
Whiting
Just got this 79 Toyota and had to take it out.
SH102364.JPG

Didn't have alot of time but went down the old right of way. I saw this beautiful red tailed hawk.
SH102380.JPG

SH102378.JPG

There is alot of new trash, what a shame with the town recycling center less than a mile away
SH102385.JPG

Had a great time, very happy with this 30 year old vehicle, I've been looking for a clean one for some time.
SH102381.JPG

SH102387.JPG

SH102393.JPG

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Yep, Very nice. How many people say to you "Nice Jeep, how old is it?" (That bugs the crap out a my an FY owning friend)

Inspection sticker? Think about QQ tags to avoid it. I have them on my old CJ's.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice FJ40!

There are two major problems with them, getting parts, and rusting out. I had that problem with both of mine. If it hadn't rusted I would still have my 78.

Guy

whitingrider

Explorer
Jun 28, 2007
Whiting
Thanks everyone. Guy, I knew you would like it. I will find a work around for the parts problem and the rust problem will be dealt with by new metal until this thing is like new.
Jim, its got 35" BF Goodrich Radial All Terrain T/A's. Not my favorites, but a good sand/ highway tire.
Mucksavage, I applied for the QQ plates, I'll have to get it inspected before I get an answer. No problem, I'm replacing anything worn and everything works. FWIW it was owned by a NJ State Trooper- we don't need no stinking stickers.
Lynn, you have a standing invitation anytime and you have my number so you only have to call.
Ben, maybe we should have some type of outing now that it's getting cooler/ Just a suggestion.
Mark, one of my favorites also for many years.
Tom

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It most likely is much easier getting parts with the Internet. I didn't think of using it back then :) Everyday at work I still use the wrenches that came with it. They are as tough as the vehicle.

Guy