Wilderness Camp?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bruset said:
There is also that place in the FRM with the large ladder that goes up the tree.

That is a good spot but the view from the ground is poor. We would need to climb the ladder to see.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Maybe Bob can come up with a spot near water.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
I know a great place along a river. Guy, you've been there recently and in the 70's.

Steve

Edit: It may be a little tough to get there without 4x4 but we could car pool.

I don't at this point know where you mean ???

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I had no idea you guys may be interested, which is why I opened it up to all. If no one else chimes in by tonite, we can move this to the pbx forum.......bob

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
NewSchoolPiney said:
Ahh, real camping. I'm game for that. Let me know possible dates/locations either via post or PM.

Justin

I don't think it is going to be camping. I think he means spending and evening at a location and then heading home. Bob....am I correct?

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
No, I really did mean camping. But if you just want to spend a nite out with a camp fire and cook out, that'd be okay too.

Who else thought I meant just find a wilderness spot for a cookout and leave about 10 or so?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Your post said:

Anyone game? One night? Sit in chairs by the fire, roast a T-bone steak with beans as a side, then a beer or two?

Now it seems to me that if we were going to spend a night there would be more than "a beer or two" consumed. Looking it over it could be taken both ways, but I was assuming you meant an evening.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'll keep you all informed, let you know if/where/when/how via PM. Anyone else too who wants in, just let me know by replying to this post........bob

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Tie that man down! Quick! :eek:

Ha!

I have my spot picked out. Its good for driving to also. I rediscovered it on that rainy day. We'll go to yours after mine.

The weather of course, is not cooperating fully.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
Tie that man down! Quick! :eek:

Ha!

I have my spot picked out. Its good for driving to also. I rediscovered it on that rainy day. We'll go to yours after mine.

The weather of course, is not cooperating fully.

I may be able to make it. If we can get cars there, I have the stove, and I belive I still have a propane lantern at my moms house.

Guy