Wind

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Anybody get any wind damage last night?

Part of my neighbors fence fell over. This is going to be a pain to fix.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 278

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
As with any hard blow, we had some blowdown stuff last night but not too bad. Helps clear the dead junk from the the tops of the trees. Noisy as all get out though. As I took my kids to church this morning though I saw some serious damage along the way. Guess I got lucky. A walk up the woods showed me that from the last two blows and this one, some big stuff went down back my way in the woods.

Still quite windy here in Pestletown though.

g.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Between 4 and 6 PM on Saturday the wind picked up, and the sky was really strange looking, I wish I had a camera. Black clouds with sun light on the cloud tops, looked very ominous. The wind blew part of our fence down, too.

Aaron

Explorer
Jul 29, 2007
We had a nice size tree in our yard go down, landed a few feet away from our garage where i store my classic car, same thing happened last year also, but that time it missed the garage and my car by inches, i gotta find a new place to put my car!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I was gonna say something about that. Friday(?) nite must have been really bad at Bamber on the lake. There are many big cedars down in that swamp immediately east of the lake. I saw a dozen. They all had a bit of rot, but they were all live and thriving in the top portion when they went down. I counted at least a dozen. One crossed the whole creek by the dam and will now be there for years and years. It is about 24" in diameter.

The wind must have really howled across the lake that night.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Trees came down here also, mainly in the swamps. But in the upland areas it wasn't too bad, gotta hand it to pitch pine, it's one tough tree!:v:

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
We had a tree go down in the house my dad rents. It fell through a fence and smashed the deck to the pool, and the one side of the pool. It also caught a little bit of the other guys fence. Luckily it was an old pool and the tree wasn't to big. But on my way over to chop it up(about a mile drive) i saw one tree that destroyed a house. Also an uprooted tree and damage to someone elses roof(maybe a branch). I feel bad for the guy whose house was destroyed because a couple of years ago a tree squashed his car. So i know he's not happy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
My self and another guy pulled a large pine off of new road in tabernacle. Then I came across a very large oak on Patty Bowker road that was unmoveable without a chainsaw. Crazy amounts of blowdowns.