Window Watching Notes

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Geezer, this cloudy morning, I managed to capture a picture of the Sharp-shinned hawk that has been a resident of the neighborhood for several years now. This raptor will sit patiently for hours in the small Dogwood that grows in my side yard waiting for the moment to capture his meal. Usually the meal is a song bird from the feeder or a pigeon from my neighbor's small flock.

Sharp-shinned hawk (Accipiter striatus) ruffled this morning.
8435146561_ab1c6e71d0_o.jpg

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I am glad everyone is enjoying the photograph. Thank you for the kind words and it is a pleasure for me to share a moment that I captured.:)

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Wow, nice picture!. We have a Sharp Shinned that hangs around our feeder, but it never seems to sit still long enough for a good picture.

Well now: I've been spending more time at window (not really by choice, but-it beats the alternative !)

BIG flocks of geese last few days-multiple flocks-well into the hundreds: all flying off to work in the morning, and back "home" in the evening.

I'm thinking our year-round population is being bolstered by some migratory flocks, heading north.