"Wing and Water Festivities"

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
It was very col to be able to put some names and faces together! Nice meeting you guys...sorry I had to cut out a little early.

Can't wait until the next one!

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
It was really nice to get together with everyone tonight! It was also nice to see some old faces and even better to meet new ones. I couldn't have asked for better company on the ride to and from the Pic by having our very own Jerseyman along for the ride. My son and I got an education tonight which made the ride all that much more enjoyable.
Scott, you"ll be getting a PM from me soon. And Turtle, I'll have to look you up next time at Batsto. Glo, best of luck with your book. I look forward to reading a copy of it one day. And to everyone else....LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Chrisr:

Thank you so much for providing me with transportation in your amazing new truck! I was really impressed with the fit, the finish, and the ride. The conversation to and from the PIC was great and it is good to know I have a forum member so close by! Please give CJ my regards; he appears to be a chip off the old block.

Other PIC attendees:

It was great being with all of you last night! It was good to meet DeepXplor and gipsie and to put faces to the user names! The conversation at our end of the table—involving turtle, oji, rednekF350, his wife, Dottie, and Pine Baron—was fascinating and we all really rocked on the trivia quiz, despite LARGO not providing us with the name of the cartoon dog!!! That’s okay, George—you can jump in next time and woof out an answer or two. Please tell Lynn we all missed her!

Sorry I did not have much opportunity to speak with those at the other end of the table, but the camaraderie enjoyed by all made the evening very special!

Glowordz:

Have a safe trip home and please tell whipporbill that he was sorely missed. Without the presence of his quiet demeanor and “drink-it-all-in” expression, the table was like a ship without a rudder.

Let’s all do again soon!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Jerseyman....... without you, we blew the last round but still managed to come in 5th place (improvement) and win a certificate for $5 off a hair cut at an establishment in Lawrenceville, NJ. We politely declined the prize and inquired how to obtain the last place prize of the "cow".....not to be confused with the Pestletown Rd. variety! :rofl:
Always a delightful evening when one meets new faces and shares the laughter, conversation and company of friends.....I left the choice of location and date for the next event in the hands of the "last-to-leave-parking-lot-crew"...... BTW, the pink dog's name is Courage.....it's the ancient history that gets me.

Oji.....kaa-may sounding like the soap?.....it's a pretty word.

Great night everyone!
Turtle-kame

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
It was really nice to meet and see faces of the people that contribute to this great website. The beer and wings are always good but the best part of the evening was talking to you folks. I can't wait for the next time that we can meet. I thank each of you for a pleasant evening.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
I'd just like to echo the sentiments in this thread too. It was great seeing everybody last night, those I had met before, and those who were new. I enjoyed some great conversation (sorry I couldn't get to the other end of table till late), wings (pogo night!), and who can forget the trivia as well! Glad I could find out the answer to the CA quarter haha. Looking forward to the next one.

I'll have pictures a bit later...

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Kame, More of an aah sound "Kaah-may". Since the next get together might be outdoors the possibility of frogs may lure the elusive Whip!

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
It was a blast, y'all, even though I had to leave before the party ended. (Frogs were calling, and by now you understand that when frogs call, I jump.) Please . . . do it again, and I hope to join you in October.

Today I drive to VA and then home to SC, but I travel with cherished memories. I've enjoyed my time with generous, knowledgeable friends. I've explored the lovely barrens once more. And I've discovered that not only do you have enchanting bogs, rivers, and forests, you have sunsets of surpassing beauty.

Glo

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Being one of the last folks to chime in, what can I say that won't sound redundant. I can only reaffirm... Good times with Great people!

Have a safe trip home, Glo!

John-

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Well. I was bogged down on Monday evening, and missed the festivities. Drat. But, somehow, a pair of chicken wings from the event made it to my intestines. Not being sure if these were donated, or swiped, I'd like to thank Largo and Ed for the either knowing or unknowing contributions. Also, thanks to Jerseyman for making sure I got some interesting investigative info.

I did get to experience a final go-'round at Friendship and Skit-side with Glowordz the following day. That lovely woman is a barren warrior, never wearing out.

Safe travels, Glo.

Yes, Oji; outdoors next time, and I'm hopping in! I'll be the life of the party. Not. :)

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
All,
I have been busy and have yet to respond. It was a nice evening and the table arrangement made for the sharing of good talk with some friends while missed with others for me. Being in the room with you all though was fine by me. When I walked in the girl at the door asked me if I was there for the table for 14? "No" I said, "got one for (9)?" (Empty stare from her in response, go figure) I will say that being seated next to GLO is a fine place in the house! Such a pleasure and I am pleased I was able to see you again. Chris & lad were good fun and did a world of hurt on a bowl of wings. Ed, you never fail to amuse in a dry and pleasant sense and thanks for bringing Deep X! Cool dude. It is always nice to actually "see" my Pestletown neighbors other than in passing so hey Scott & Dott! Nothing beats Waterford topics like dead and rotting things and the wonderous creatures that thrive on them. It seems Tom, Jerseyman, and Terry had the table's end tied up and wound up at the same time. I will echo this that I noted to Turtle, whilst they were at the other end of the table, Pine Baron & Turtle will always be heard. You two rock! John you biblical guy you! The best I had was a stupid dog answer that I never got to offer. Mike, the quietest guy in the bunch... and always with camera in hand. I am suspicious of you sir! I do know that numismatics are not your strong point though and your little magic box wasn't a sage either. It's O.K. though, as a yoot, quarters was just a game I played to get drunk.
I hope to see you all soon again, hopefully out in the light of day so we can see just who the Vampire are in our midst.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Alright time for some pictures, a great time was had by all:

A few more pictures can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22516573@N07/sets/72157623838577561/detail/

4565367153_c34814cab2.jpg

4565995014_3bae2c8af1.jpg

4565361599_7e54ff43c9.jpg

4565989424_43b2aa8089.jpg

4565982102_93fb8c28df.jpg

4565350669_e4c7cbfc13.jpg