WOW! Just when I thought the Bush administration couldn't get any lower...

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Kingof,thepines

From the article you cited:
Six days before the election, the 2004 Democratic presidential nominee said he sincerely regretted his words were "misinterpreted to imply anything negative about those in uniform."

Has anyone gotten a hold of the transcript?

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
God bless George W. Bush, one of the finest Presidents this country has ever known!
What would have happened if Gore was president on 9/11??? Surrender? Would we have apologized for making them angry.
I am so happy that we are slaughtering terrorist in there own lands rather than having them killing us over here.
as for the whole WMD issue are you aware that Hussien used chemical weapons in the past? On his own people. We gave them all the time in the world to get rid of the stuff.
Some how liberals always think we are in the wrong. America is the good guy. To compare what we are doing to what the Russians did is disgusting.
I am so sick of hearing liberals whine.
So what is the liberal answer? I keep hearing about how you will change everything. Well what is the plan? Lets hear it. What will liberals do about terrorism? Be nice and politically correct? ha..Death to Islam.
liberals call our soldiers baby killers and they support abortion. You should all be put in mental institutions until this war is over.

Well, that was the most stupifying thing I've in some time. If God is on Bush's side, don't you think things would be going better in Iraq?

Eh, what do I know? I'm not a Bush fan, so I must be a baby-killing, terrorist-sympathizing, mentally-ill liberal, eh?

Hold on a sec. You did not answer me. Tell me your interpretation.

Bob,
King already said he thinks Kerry meant exactly what he said. Why does it need to be interpreted? How else can that statement be taken? You said in an earlier post that the administration was putting a spin on it. I disagree. Kerry is the only one spinning. He put his foot in his mouth and doesn't like the taste.

Steve

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob,
King already said he thinks Kerry meant exactly what he said. Why does it need to be interpreted? How else can that statement be taken? You said in an earlier post that the administration was putting a spin on it. I disagree. Kerry is the only one spinning. He put his foot in his mouth and doesn't like the taste.

Steve

Lets hear from King. If you want to jump in, you tell me how you interpret it.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
God bless George W. Bush, one of the finest Presidents this country has ever known! What would have happened if Gore was president on 9/11??? Surrender? Would we have apologized for making them angry.

Yes, I'm sure that Americans would have been mesmerized by Al Bore and stood idly by while terrorists stormed the borders and raped and pillaged. :rolleyes: Believe me, Al Gore is no more my ideal President than John Kerry. The Democratic party does need some retooling in order to get in touch with its base (labor, blue collar workers, the middle class, etc...), but I'm not abandoning it.

I am so happy that we are slaughtering terrorist in there own lands rather than having them killing us over here.

Well, we started out killing terrorists in their own lands-in Afghanistan were Osama bin Laden was, and Al quaeda based their operations from. That was actually going pretty well. Then the administration decided to send troops to Iraq, a place where none of the 9/11 hijackers had ever been anywhere near.

Also, one of the more interesting things that receives very little press is the huge difference between Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden and radical Islam in general. Radical Islam grew partially out of a hatred for the dictatorships that cropped up in the Middle East after World War I. Extremists were angry that not only did these leaders wield absolute power, they also did not care much for adherence to the religious laws of the Koran. The groups that eventually formed Al quaeda were engaged in trying to overthrow regimes like Saddam's all over the Middle East before they ever set their sites on America.

Saddam Hussein would never have in a million years cooperated with bin Laden, knowing that it would eventually mean the end for him. Saddam was a torturing, raping, whoring, hard drinking thug, not a follower of Islam, and so were his henchmen. Granted, Al quaeda and Saddam's Baathist regime are both assemblies of some of the most vile scum on the face of the earth, we could have fought one (Al quaeda) and left the other alone because it posed no threat to us, and would simply be a waste of our time, energies, and resources.

as for the whole WMD issue are you aware that Hussien used chemical weapons in the past? On his own people. We gave them all the time in the world to get rid of the stuff.

The last time Saddam used chemical weapons was 1988. If it was such a concern, George Bush senior should have disarmed him during the first Gulf War, a war which, except for the premature pullout, was masterfully executed. Also, forgive me if I seem a bit cold, but Saddam using chemical weapons, or otherwise abusing his own people is of little concern to me. Dictators abuse their power, torture people, and kill their own citizens in every part of the world. The U.S. can't stop it all, and should be looking out for its own people first and foremost anyway. That being said its hard to keep a straight face every time a Conservative talks about how badly they want the Iraqi people to be free.

To compare what we are doing to what the Russians did is disgusting.

You misread my statement. I'm comparing the reaction of Islamist radicals to the reaction of the Mujahadeen during the conflict. The Russians were trying to make a simple land grab, I wasn't attempting to connect that to the U.S.

So what is the liberal answer? I keep hearing about how you will change everything. Well what is the plan? Lets hear it. What will liberals do about terrorism?

The plan is simply to not "stay the course." The course isn't working, it hasn't been working for a very long time. It's not going to work. I want a President who knows that you need a plan to end a war, that you can't just show up on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit and say "Mission Accomplished," and expect the other side to lay down their guns.

liberals call our soldiers baby killers

Like who?

and they support abortion.

And that has what to do with the war?

You should all be put in mental institutions until this war is over.

Is that you superlicious?

Seriously though, as much as I like a good debate, Ben please tell me if I'm hijacking the forums. The discussion of politics is banned on a lot of other forums, the reason for which is obvious, so if I'm out of line just say the world and I'll bow out of any future discussions.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
The discussion of politics is banned on a lot of other forums, the reason for which is obvious

I would be in favor of that policy here. Discussing politics does nothing but divide us. I like it much better when we share our mutual interest for the pines. There are plenty of other places to carry on political debates.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Badfish, I posted this thread in General discussion because, as its description says, we can discuss almost anything here. If people don;t want to discuss politics, then they need not post. On that note, your posts are well-reasoned and very impersonal. Keep up the good work.

Boyd,

Can't we have respectful conversations concerning things not pine-related?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob, there is nothing to interpret. That's the point. I think he meant if you don't do good in school you end up in Iraq. That is not my interpretation, that is what he said. If you press me however, I could interpret it as, "Hi, I'm John Kerry and I'm an idiot." :DSteve

:D

My point is that when pressed to put down on paper just what he said, anyone would be hard pressed to show definitively that he meant to disrespect the troops. You can interpret it many different ways.

I had white castle jalapeno cheeseburgers tonite. Yum. I have not eaten there in about 5 years.

Lorun

Explorer
Apr 10, 2004
Woolwich
Maybe recent history. The Revolution, War of 1812, Spanish-American War, WW1, and WW2 were planned and executed pretty well.

Not exactly. The Spanish American war was a result of the US blowing up their own ships and blaming the Spanish. More men died from the canned food we gave them then from the enemy.

WW2 -Just saw on the war channel how the Brit general surrendered 130K men to Japan in Singapore even though the Japanese where just about out of supplies otherwise they would have not asked the Brits to surrender but killed just about every one of them.

Right when Patton was about to take France he ran out of Gas.

The Victory ships were welded so cheap at first they would split and sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Also released the bomb when the war was already over and released it on the least damaged civilian cities so we could judge how much damage the bomb created.

Biggest mistake is we did not listen to Hitler when he said he was going to do what he did. So we stuck our heads in the sand and the war was much bloodier in the end as a result. Why repeat history.

How better to fight Iran than through Iraq. We are bankrupting Iran like we did to Russia.

I should have stayed our of this one you guys argue to well.

:D

My point is that when pressed to put down on paper just what he said, anyone would be hard pressed to show definitively that he meant to disrespect the troops. You can interpret it many different ways.

I had white castle jalapeno cheeseburgers tonite. Yum. I have not eaten there in about 5 years.

Gee Bob, I don't know. You must be talking about some other quote.

Steve