You can't make this stuff up.....

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
from the April NJ CO blotter pages.

"COs Martiak, McManus, Mascio and Tomlin and Lt. Lacroix were on patrol in the Greenwood Forest WMA when they came across a group of approximately 100 individuals in one of the fields having a party at 0300 hours on Easter morning. Two men were running sound equipment powered by generators. The group consisted of people mostly from Philadelphia and Delaware and a handful from New Jersey and New York. A number of tents were set up and there was a large amount of alcohol as well as a small amount of drugs and drug paraphernalia were found abandoned. Lacey Township was able to provide one officer for assistance. Approximately 15-20 people ran into the woods when the officers arrived on scene. In all, 84 people were issued a total of 99 summonses for various wildlife management area violations including organizing an event without a permit, off the established road, camping, interference, possession of alcohol and after hours. "

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It would be interesting to know where that was.

Guy

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
No kidding.....I first heard about this 10 years ago. The most moronic instance was the parent who called me one day at work asking for directions to drop off her 16 year old for a "rave" party on Rt. 72 and Rt. 539......... and did I think it would be safe to leave her there.......

who in their right mind?.........and how do they manage to give birth?

turtle

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
They had a rave at the place (about 7 years ago) behind Bamber that we cleaned up this year. I'll bet this latest one was right about here:

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.87957627231338&lng=-74.36182022094726&z=17&type=nj2002&gpx=

I've seen a big fire ring in the back, where they think they are well hidden.

PS: since when do 5 Officers "patrol" at the same time at 3AM? Somebody tipped them off. I have been to many a gravel pit or woods party in my day. Good fun. Really.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
same her Bob.Rangers do not usually joy ride the woods at that time of night.Bill seen one near hawkins bridge late in the night once by i never have.
Al

He may have been checking on the campers there.

Guy