Your Forest Under Attack: A Response to the PPA’s Call to Arms

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Two days ago the PPA shared an article on Facebook that blasted the DEP for rewriting 1000 pages of coastal environmental regulations without seeking public input. This is the same PPA that supports the MAP which was being implemented without any announcement. They're upset because the cat got out of the bag and now the public will have a chance to weigh in at the stakeholder meetings.

With this galling amount of hypocrisy, how can anything the PPA says be trusted anymore?

Here's a link to the article: http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/...rewriting-of-rules-meant-to-protect-nj-coast/

Untitled.png

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Very nice Ben. Again, you hit in all the key points. I'm also very disappointed in the stance of the PPA. I've watched, and listened, to several of Rob's presentations. While I don't agree with his stance, he does have valid concerns that we all can agree on. When John did his FIRST presentation, instead of listening, the PPA chose to raise up signs and attempt to disrupt, or at least overshadow it. Everyone in that room no matter what side they're on wants the Pines to be around for generations and to be able to enjoy them as well. It's impossible to reach common ground if one side isn't willing to listen. Unfortunately, as this progresses it appears that this is the case.