Your Topozone.com Replacement

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
http://maps.njpinebarrens.com

This should replicate most of the functionality that TopoZone had, plus more. To share a URL, just copy and paste it from the address bar.

Highlights:
* All of the standard Google Maps
* NJDEP 1930 Aerials (without the slow interface that i-Map gives)
* NJDEP 1995 Aerials (infrared -- thats why the trees are red)
* Topos and DOQ (Digital Ortho Quads)

Caveats:
* You need Javascript enabled.
* The map centers you at Batsto when you first load it. Anybody think of a better place to start?
* I haven't tested it with any other browsers besides IE 7 and Firefox 3 Beta 5.
* The map defaults to the normal road map when you first load it. I'm working on a fix for that so that if you copy a URL and you're looking at another type of map, when you load the URL it will load the right map.

Feel free to use this on any site that you choose.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That is really nice Ben. Good job on that. It is really great to be able to switch to the 1930's from where you are on the satellite. A time warp if you will. This is something I'll enjoy when I'm trying to figure out the reason some of the topography is the way it is.

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
wow

im impressed i can surely use this for school :eng101:and by the way chris (treehuggintracker) sited you in her paper about the pinelands she pulled facts you wrote on the site hats off to ben today :D

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I knew you were working on them, but did not realize how nice they would be. Very nice! Thank you.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Nice Job Ben! A real addition and attribute to the site indeed.
Like Acme mapper, many nice features layered over one another, but better.
You continue to impress, thanks.

G.