Pine Barren Glory Days

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
People are strange, when you're a stranger.....

From the cranberry packing house in the bogs behind Lebanon Lakes. All the machinery and stuff was still in there.

watermark.php

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here's one you'll get a kick out of, and never, ever see again. Me and my girlfriend visited this landmark in 1973, a mere 35 years ago.

watermark.php

ChrisNJ

Explorer
Jan 31, 2006
Medford
wow great thread guys.
I went to hidden lakes once in the early 80's, tons of people there driving their trucks through the ponds and motorcycles around em, we had honda 250r three wheel rockets. I remember we also had an organized wet tee shirt contest, was a great day and always wanted to go back.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Here's one you'll get a kick out of, and never, ever see again. Me and my girlfriend visited this landmark in 1973, a mere 35 years ago.

$10.54 for a lunch in '73.
She must have been special.
All these posts and photos are going to force me to start scanning my some of my older photos and show the world that I too had hair like Bob (a.k.a. Jim Morrison)!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
$10.54 for a lunch in '73.
She must have been special.
All these posts and photos are going to force me to start scanning my some of my older photos and show the world that I too had hair like Bob (a.k.a. Jim Morrison)!

Please do Scott! Here's me coming out of Forsythe Wildlife Refuge, wanting to see what Scott has for hair back then!

watermark.php

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Reading this post is pretty amazing. My family moved to South Jersey in 1980 when I was 20 and bouncing in and out of college and various jobs. So I don't have any history there from the seventies, but you guys all look like my friends from that time, when I lived in Indiana, down to the hair and the denim jackets and the beat-up trucks. :). I bet the same music was playing, too. REO Speedwagon or Led Zep, anyone?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hair....HA!.....been there done that.

You look good Bear, definitely a guy I'd hang around with. If you saw me behind my jeep pointing out the wheel cover my friend designed for me based on a Robert Hunter album cover, would you go for a ride with me? I added headers, edelbrock hi rise manifold, and holly 4 barrel to my 304 V8. It had amazing acceleration in 2nd gear.

watermark.php

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is the most “hippy” photo of me that I could find. This was my first visit to Carranza, and one of my first in the pines. So it was taken sometime in May of 1973 when I was 16. Most likely May 12th or 13th 1973. It must have been chilly for some reason because I am wearing a Wrangler Jacket. My brother drove his 1967 Ford Falcon there and we went past the house at Friendship and never took a photo.

carranza.jpg

carranza1.jpg

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Empty bottle we found there. Thought it would look good in the photo's.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Nice Bell Bottoms Guy. Did you ever have platform shoes? I did, bright blue ones!

I sold the jeep for $1500. I had beat it up pretty good by then.