Capewell Glass Negative Collection

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
Joe:

Sorry, but Bob is just plain wrong, despite him having resided in Almonesson since 1950. Here is a post card view of the mill and the bridge over the dam and it exactly matches these structures in your photograph:

View attachment 5110

The only difference is the tree on the lake bank is gone in your photograph. Because this mill building was not erected until the late 1860s, it has an entirely different massing and fenestration pattern than mills constructed earlier in the Camden and Gloucester county area.

In found I could not paste the image into the comment box on your website, Joe, so feel free to clip and paste the image and the text into your website.

Best regards,
Jerseyman
Thanks, Jerseyman!

Another Body of Water
Another Unknown and Probably Unknowable Body of Water TODAY as The Capewell Glass Negative Collection continues!

http://willceau.com/news/2014/08/21/another-body-of-water/

Unknowable, Joe? Hardly.

I can state with absolute certitude that this body of water is Almonesson Lake. The treeline, especially the rise of it on the left-hand side of the image, is still that way today! Note the two boats out on the lake, a favorite pastime for those who visited this recreational area in the early twentieth century.

Another great photograph from the Capewell Collection. Thanks for sharing these images each week!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Reactions: Willceau Illo

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
Unknowable, Joe? Hardly.

I can state with absolute certitude that this body of water is Almonesson Lake. The treeline, especially the rise of it on the left-hand side of the image, is still that way today! Note the two boats out on the lake, a favorite pastime for those who visited this recreational area in the early twentieth century.

Another great photograph from the Capewell Collection. Thanks for sharing these images each week!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman
I stand corrected.

Thanks, Jerseyman!

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I think they are 2 different coins. The one on top looks like $10 1915 or 1913 Indian head gold eagle. If you look it up the reverse has an eagle on it. The second maybe a $20 double liberty. They are side by side and not the same diameter. I am no expert at all but I bet Jerseyman will nail it! That would be quite a prize back then.

Reactions: Willceau Illo

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
I think they are 2 different coins. The one on top looks like $10 1915 or 1913 Indian head gold eagle. If you look it up the reverse has an eagle on it. The second maybe a $20 double liberty. They are side by side and not the same diameter. I am no expert at all but I bet Jerseyman will nail it! That would be quite a prize back then.
Thanks!