What Am This ?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
On Monday my friend was muzzleloading in a remote area of the pines on a small island surrounded by cedar swamp. The exact location shall remain undisclosed at my friend's request. While he was exploring the area, he came upon this object (see below) in very good condition. It is heavy and measures approximately 10" x 10", according to my friend.
I told him it was a Henway but he didn't take the bait :)

We are thinking maybe a dozer or skidder part left behind by an old logging operation or maybe a boiler part ?? I sent a pic to another friend who is a plumber and excavator and he thinks that it came off of a plane. The limited access to the area where it was found would support that. I have also sent a pic to a friend of mine who is in the Air Force to see what he thinks. Another person who saw the picture thinks it may be fuel related since it looks like a fuel line fitting on the right side of it.

Any speculation, conjecture or wild-ass guesses to be put forth ?

island untitled.png

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
A little while back I was talking to a childhood friend of my father's about a location that sounds similar to your description. If we're talking about the same location he said there was an old Boy Scout camp there. It could be a part of a larger gas stove.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Are there 2 parts connected? Are the 4 extensions open? Moving parts? I have seen very early carburetor/intakes that look similar.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Definitely need more info, are the ports threaded? whats it made of? can you get any more pics? A friend of mine is a plumber and suggested it looks like a washing machine valve, the one in this pic is configured a little different and way more modern though, Now I'm actually thinking is some type of steam valve? was there a logging operation in the area in the past?
images

Last edited:

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I am confused. I see where it says watts on the flow valve broke jeep posted but not on Scott's orginal photo or the new one. Am I missing it? I do believe it is some some sort of flow valve but not sure.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I am confused. I see where it says watts on the flow valve broke jeep posted but not on Scott's orginal photo or the new one. Am I missing it? I do believe it is some some sort of flow valve but not sure.

I thought it was me. I couldn't see "Watts" in my original photo either but I do see "Watts" very clearly in Joe's photo of the washing machine valve.

Alright Jerseyman, back to the archives !
:)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Scott,

I have been writing a friend asking for help on this and he finally got back to me today. He has been in and out of the hospital and was not responding to me. Now that he has I have sent him the photo of the item found. He is a plumber and is the person I would go to for a question like this. I will let you know if he has an idea.

Reactions: RednekF350

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Scott,

I have been writing a friend asking for help on this and he finally got back to me today. He has been in and out of the hospital and was not responding to me. Now that he has I have sent him the photo of the item found. He is a plumber and is the person I would go to for a question like this. I will let you know if he has an idea.

After deer season my friend and I are going back to the spot. I want to get a close look at it myself. He's been hunting the area so we don't want to add any unnecessary disturbance.