Possible Government Shut-down may affect your weekend..

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014
Speaking of signs... I did litter pickup today at one of the just-opened sites and snagged from the ground one of the other signs you might have seen in person or on the news: "Advisory: These facilities are closed until further notice..." Looks like cheap ink-jet printing (the ink is running in spots, so not laser) on regular copier paper. Piece of scotch tape at the top to hold it in place. Comes out of a different budget line-item, I guess.

Saw the same thing at Double Trouble yesterday. I guess the Speaker bashing multi colored posters were placed where the press photographers were more likely to be, like the entrance to IBSP. Of course the explanation will be that they were informational, for those that didn't hear it on the TV and radio, didn't see the huge, lit up, traffic signs on their way south on 35,, didn't notice the wall of traffic cones and the SPP SUV sitting sideways across the entrance with the flashing lights.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The real reason they closed Island Beach.

Attachments

• 19657225_10154834625410197_2612390376758844437_n.jpg
    19657225_10154834625410197_2612390376758844437_n.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 281
Reactions: Jon Holcombe

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f34fc1d9d39_story.html?utm_term=.a21ec8f5b163

“That fact is, who cares?” Christie told reporters. “You guys care much more about that stuff than I do. I’ve said to you over and over and over again: Poll numbers matter when you’re running for something. When you’re not running for something, they don’t matter a bit, and I don’t care.”

“The 15 percent approval rating has gotten to him, to the point that he’s giving a giant middle finger to the people of New Jersey by sitting on that beach,” Bob Ingle, a Christie biographer, said in reference to recent polling. “He is so stubborn, so thin-skinned and blames everyone but himself for what has happened.”

92 Blazer Jeff

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
GLASSBORO,NJ
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f34fc1d9d39_story.html?utm_term=.a21ec8f5b163

“That fact is, who cares?” Christie told reporters. “You guys care much more about that stuff than I do. I’ve said to you over and over and over again: Poll numbers matter when you’re running for something. When you’re not running for something, they don’t matter a bit, and I don’t care.”

“The 15 percent approval rating has gotten to him, to the point that he’s giving a giant middle finger to the people of New Jersey by sitting on that beach,” Bob Ingle, a Christie biographer, said in reference to recent polling. “He is so stubborn, so thin-skinned and blames everyone but himself for what has happened.”

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan

I really should not be surprised at all given our current cultural...issues. But for heaven's sake. REALLY!???