RAIN?

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Thru Saturday estimates.

DFvouWrW0AEkvx2.jpg:large

Can I ask for the exact link where you got this graph? I poked around that website, but couldn't find this forecast map.

Thanks.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Whoa... they have bumped the Friday night estimate to 2" - 3" and the Saturday estimate to 1" - 2". So we now have potential for 6 inches of rain over the next couple days. :eek:

They have dialed it back again. Now 1" - 2" tonight, 3/4" - 1" tomorrow and 1/4" - 1/2" tomorrow night. That is only about half as much as the earlier projection.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Just returned from a walk... Stephen Creek is over its banks in places, flooding some of my lowlands. This has happened many times before, but not recently. I suspect the flooding will recede pretty quickly though, based on past experience. Here are the 24 hour precipitation totals. It really was a Southern storm this time, and my home just happened to be in that red "island" of heavy rain in Atlantic County. :)

24hr.png

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Even though the track of our coastal storm system “wiggled” to the south a bit, rainfall estimates across South Jersey were right on target in the 2 to 4 inch range. A swath of Atlantic and Cape May County even saw 6+ inches overnight"

I think their forecast was flawed. I was supposed to get almost 2-3 inches as of Thursday. Even though last night I was scheduled to get almost an inch, I barely got a quarter here. Like I said before, forecasting ain't as good as it used to be.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
It's interesting if you look at the big picture. This image covers the past 6 months and precipitation across the whole pines is surprisingly homogenous.

6month.png

Reactions: bobpbx

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Here we go again. Funny that my location in Atlantic County is one of the few places in the whole state with normal water levels. Usually it's the other way around. ;)

drought.png