RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Looks like we might get some significant rain through tomorrow night. I see a strong storm headed into Toms River right now, but as usual it's dry down here. We have been missing most of the storms for the past few weeks.

dry.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks to me it may or may not hit me very soon. It is just skimming the edge of me. We shall see.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looking at the radar again I would say it will mostly miss me.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Looks like we might get some significant rain through tomorrow night. I see a strong storm headed into Toms River right now, but as usual it's dry down here. We have been missing most of the storms for the past few weeks.

I think your getting it now!
My house is shaking from the thunder and the storm is south of me.

Last edited:

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Just like yesterday. A lot of noise not much rain. Got about a 1/4" in 10 min earlier but that's it. Lightning is striking within a mile of me now but no rain.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I think your getting it now!.

It rained really hard last night for maybe an hour, starting around 10:00PM, lots of thunder and lightning. Was concerned because I was about halfway through a 17 hour video render and realized that I had plugged my computer into the wall outlet instead of the UPS when I re-arranged things for the FIOS install. Fortunately there were no power interruptions and the video finished rendering this morning.

Was surprised this morning to see about and inch and a half of rain had fallen. Must have been the most intense rain we've had for quite awhile, lots of stuff washed down the driveway and along the bottom edge of the the yard.

Another storm came through this afternoon and has been raining on and off, finally moving out now. Got about 2 inches this time, so this has been pretty significant down here. :)

Reactions: smoke_jumper

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
It rained really hard last night for maybe an hour, starting around 10:00PM, lots of thunder and lightning. Was concerned because I was about halfway through a 17 hour video render and realized that I had plugged my computer into the wall outlet instead of the UPS when I re-arranged things for the FIOS install. Fortunately there were no power interruptions and the video finished rendering this morning.

Was surprised this morning to see about and inch and a half of rain had fallen. Must have been the most intense rain we've had for quite awhile, lots of stuff washed down the driveway and along the bottom edge of the the yard.

Another storm came through this afternoon and has been raining on and off, finally moving out now. Got about 2 inches this time, so this has been pretty significant down here. :)
I'd be surprised if I got more then 3/4" total. Everything skirted by either north or south. They'd very local though. A mile in either direction my friends got pounded.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Only got about one quarter inch during the day here, but there was hard rain, thunder and lightning late last night with more than two additional inches. Here's the NWS data, looks like the heaviest rain fell right on the PA/DE border.

storm.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is really raining hard here. The heaviest rain in a long time.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Looks like more rain is on the way. According the the NWS we have the potential for 1/2 to 3/4 inches tonight, another 1/2 to 3/4 Friday, 1 to 2 inches Friday night, then 1/4 to 1/2 inch on Saturday.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
National Weather Service has posted a flood warning for the Maurice River in Cumberland and Salem Counties until 5:45 pm Thursday. The Maurice River is currently at flood stage and slowly rising due to rainfall runoff. Please use caution in the area.

More heavy rainfall is forecast for our area thru Saturday making additional flooding possible. Please follow the weather stations for the most up to date forecast.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Whoa... they have bumped the Friday night estimate to 2" - 3" and the Saturday estimate to 1" - 2". So we now have potential for 6 inches of rain over the next couple days. :eek:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Just in time for the weekend. Didn't Mother Nature get the memo?

Reactions: Boyd