Where is this?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Where is this? One person here should get this fast I would think.

IMG_1118a.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have no idea.

Here's another clue:

You are driving ENE on a sand road, with a beautiful lake on your right. On the left side of the road, out of the corner of your eye, you see a building off in the woods, about 350 feet away. As usual, you wonder what it is, and often think that it's associated with the......

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That looks like it. It must be Bob's car you see parked along the road. :D

I never went back there.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Was it the clue?

Yes. I have driven by that building a hundred times and always wondered what was back there. It is so far off the main road, I never thought to take a look.

- I bet there may be tuberous spiraling orchids in that disturbed open sandy lot.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yes. I have driven by that building a hundred times and always wondered what was back there. It is so far off the main road, I never thought to take a look.

- I bet there may be tuberous spiraling orchids in that disturbed open sandy lot.

You may find some! I walked around the building looking for Kneiskern's Beak Sedge. I did not see it, but I didn't do a complete search. The perimeter is open and slightly damp in spots. Good for all sorts of things.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It may seem a stretch, but I really think someone will nail this location down. This is a wonderful, vast field of Andropogon virginicus, which is a variety of bluestem grass.

upload_2017-12-11_10-52-7.png

Last edited: