Attachments

• Early 1900's NJ Pine Barrens Boundary Map.jpg
    Early 1900's NJ Pine Barrens Boundary Map.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Boyd

martink

Apr 5, 2009
Hammonton NJ
Cool to see. I'm surprised that the tidal areas of the Mullica and Great Egg Harbor Rivers aren't included south/east of Batsto and Mays Landing respectively. I can't imagine they were very industrial but they are a different ecosystem so I guess the mapmaker decided they weren't piney enough. Also interesting to see it extended into Vineland and Millville. There are pockets of pinelands down there and I assume there were more before large-scale farming.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
We've discussed the pinelands boundaries a number of times in the past. Here are two interesting threads, unfortunately the older posts contain dead links to sites like TopoZone (which no longer exists) and the NJPB photo gallery, which is also gone.

Reactions: JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ
Thanks Howard. I'll be looking at that. I have asked that my accounts be merged now that I have regained access to my original account. I lost access to it many years ago when I took the JerseyDevil.com down due to all the postings of illegal activity.

I posted this thread under my replacement account. Hopefully they can merge the two to be "JerseyDevil".

I see that thread speaks of East-West Jersey. Here's an old East-West map I have, I'm sure you probably already have it.

If this map is saved off line it enlarges pretty well.

Attachments

• East West Jersey Map.jpg
    East West Jersey Map.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Reactions: Boyd