565D2FF9-794D-45F6-A967-A5E4F2789B4B.jpeg
Colliers Mills - July 28, 2022

Reactions: bobpbx and John

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ
3C5ADFBB-991F-4D0D-A8FB-200716944740.jpeg

We actually came up on this guy just as he got stuck. He was standing on his hood, he had a young girl in the backseat. She was beyond embarrassed.. can’t blame her! So my pal goes to him… “what did you do that for”… sounding like John Wayne hahaha. Anyway we called it in from Atsion. There was no signal there. It was all wheel drive ‍Lol… not.

Reactions: TommyP and John

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek

Reactions: JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ
My favorite canoe currently, canvas/cedar. Custom made for Duluth Pack for a very special race. I was able to purchase this years ago. Anyone else a canoe junkie?

cicatdp12.jpg
cicatdp13.jpg
cicatdp04.jpg
cicatdp06.jpg

cicatdp10.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Expedition X also did a Jersey Devil episode.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622442/

Lots of questionable claims, as usual. However, towards the end they interview a guy who claims he knows what the Jersey Devil is (was?). He thinks it's some kind of huge, scary looking bat - and it really did look like many of the Jersey Devil illustrations, you can see it in the photos here. But the problem is, that bat has only been found in Africa (I think). But his theory was, the bats got into the cargo holds of ships that came to NJ from Africa and were then sighted.

Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but it did seem like one of the more reasonable theories.

Reactions: JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ

Lots of questionable claims, as usual. However, towards the end they interview a guy who claims he knows what the Jersey Devil is (was?). He thinks it's some kind of huge, scary looking bat - and it really did look like many of the Jersey Devil illustrations, you can see it in the photos here. But the problem is, that bat has only been found in Africa (I think). But his theory was, the bats got into the cargo holds of ships that came to NJ from Africa and were then sighted.

Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but it did seem like one of the more reasonable theories.
Yes, if anything, that "bat" fits the bill! Imagine seeing that out your window back in the day..

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ

I know the person who owns JerseyDevil.com. That site needs to be put to good use. I wonder if there is enough content on the actual subject to make it a viable project.

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ
Also, was that Audi new? Doesn't look like it had a front plate on it. What a way to break your car in.
It looked very new, very well maintained. I saw it from quite a distance back and was wondering what the heck is that... The fellow standing on the hood was in his mid 30's, very well dressed, as if he just left a Manhattan office. He had a huge gold watch on. He was not happy, and that poor girl, so embarrassed. That puddled was like 60' long it seemed and very wide. He obviously had no business out there.