Rowan NJMap

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Interesting site. Apparently they aren't worried about compliance with Daniels Law. ;)

I've spent the last couple weeks getting up close and personal with the parcel database and will be offering a completely new website with a realtime/heads-up display of parcel data (and many other things in the Pines) as you browse the map, No need to click on anything, the data is continuously shown as the map moves. I used the 2020 version of the full parcel database and did my own redacting of private owner names. More info on this soon...

Reactions: bobpbx

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Interesting site. Apparently they aren't worried about compliance with Daniels Law. ;)

I've spent the last couple weeks getting up close and personal with the parcel database and will be offering a completely new website with a realtime/heads-up display of parcel data (and many other things in the Pines) as you browse the map, No need to click on anything, the data is continuously shown as the map moves. I used the 2020 version of the full parcel database and did my own redacting of private owner names. More info on this soon...
Boyd I checked my property on the parcel viewer and no name on it at all.I checked a few nearby properties as well and no names.Your seeing personal names?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Why? Because you're afraid it will result in the site being taken down? Since Al started the thread, he can delete it if he wants to (users are able to delete their own threads IIRC)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Why? Because you're afraid it will result in the site being taken down? Since Al started the thread, he can delete it if he wants to (users are able to delete their own threads IIRC)
No, because the people who created it will be tipped off to the Law problem, and we'll never see it again. You should have not even mentioned that law Mr. Boyd.

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob if you want it gone I"ll take it down or are you joking?
Al, I'm just being very cautious. I'm really excited by the property map, it's outstanding, 1,000 times better than the current NJ tax map we have. Is this map supposed to be available to the public? We are not supposed to able to see private property owner names. Is this link open to the public? We can talk it over if you want. How about this; you delete this thread and then create a new one with the map link only. Then Boyd can freeze the thread so nobody can comment and blurt it out that we can see property owners.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I posted a link above, here are the highlights:

"The bill amends the Open Public Records Act (“OPRA”) to exclude from the definition of a government (i.e., public) record the portion of any document which discloses the home address of any active or retired 1) judge, 2) prosecutor or 3) law enforcement officer.

Further, the bill prohibits government agencies, individuals and businesses from knowingly publishing on the internet, or otherwise making available, the home address or unpublished home telephone number of any active or retired judge or any active or retired prosecutor.

The bill also enables any active or retired judge, prosecutor, or law enforcement officer whose home address or unpublished telephone number is disclosed on the internet or otherwise made available to the public, or whose immediate family member’s name, home address, or unpublished phone number is disclosed on the internet or otherwise made available to the public, to request that the information be removed. The government agency, individual or business would be required to remove the information within 72 hours of receiving such a request in writing."