So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
Every day is like Valentines Day around here..........Mike

you little love bird you.

my g/f came to see me in philly and of course we went out to dinner.. that's why i'm still up (almost 2 AM) finishing my case report on a patient, that is to be presented tomorrow at 10 AM in the dental school.. whoopie !!! .. it was a fun night though.. play and work hard..

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
Girlfriend had work and i had darts, she came up there after and had a few, then went home, Old Rail Tavern( and i have been two quite a few bars. few different states) WORST BARTENDERS EVER

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
We had a nice quiet night at home. Laura cooked a special dinner. Since her b-day was two nights before I usually combine her birthday and valentines into one big event (and present.)

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
pinepaddler,

Good choices! Hope you've been to the Drawing Room in Spring House. Also the Grey Lodge Pub. Remember, practice, practice, practice!

Len

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hope you enjoyed your Birthday Sue. My wife enjoyed her's :)

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks! It wasn't a particularly special day, my husband isn't exactly the romantic type. Ah, well. It's just a birthday. He has so many other good qualities.

We never go out to dinner on her birthday because of the nightmare of that day, so we go either before or after.

Guy

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
lgench said:
pinepaddler,

Good choices! Hope you've been to the Drawing Room in Spring House. Also the Grey Lodge Pub. Remember, practice, practice, practice!

Len

Len, I've never had any of their brews. Are they relatively new?

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
so hugh, what a thread!!! i will say valentines day is an overrated holiday I dont belive in elaborate gifts or any of that BS just spending time with that special someone that particular day is enough !!! My special someone took me to the B. Forsythe wildlife refuge that was one of my alltime favorite valentines (besides the fact we forgot our binoculars :jeffd: lol) my thinking is to make lots of "special" days throughout the year to show the people you love how much they mean to you :D:rofl:

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
My special someone took me to the B. Forsythe wildlife refuge that was one of my alltime favorite valentines (besides the fact we forgot our binoculars

What did you see at Forsythe? I've been there a few times this year and there is some great stuff on the sightings list.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
The refudge is great. I try to get out there now then. I like wood ducks. I think they are the most attractive duck. Only problem is I think they know it and are a little high on themselves.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
My favorite waterfowl species is the Black Duck. My wife thinks I'm nuts, picking the least colorful duck with so many more colorful species out there. She would lean more towards the Wood Duck too. But having spent years hunting Black Ducks, I not only respect them for their waryness, but admire how well their coloration makes them idealy suited to their environment. When in the waters of a saltmarsh, their dark brown body perfectly matches the color of the exposed sod bank edges. The tan of their head blends in perfectly with the salt grasses growing above the bank. When the tide is just right, they dissapear into the background. They aren't as showy as the woodie, but they are the perfect duck for their environment.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I guess my wife and I don't have a favorite. What we like about Forsythe is the variety. We saw flocks of 8 different types of ducks, some shore birds, herons, and songbirds that were impossible to id. We also like hawk watching there. The occasional eagle or falcon is a special treat. There is always something cool to see.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
This thread topic has officially shifted from Valentine's season to ...

21369BP~Looney-Tunes-Daffy-Duck-Posters.jpg

... Duck Season!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.