Snow ??

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Folks:

Okay—I’ve seen enough snow and I am now ready for spring! :siren:

It took me 5.5 hours to clean my driveway, my front walks, and my back walk. I finally surrendered to my tiredness while trying to remove the ice patches from the portion of my driveway closer to the garage. Of course it didn’t help that for the first two hours of grueling work only one auger was operating in my snowblower. I finally discovered the missing shear-bolt and replaced it. Then the machine worked like a champ, but it was still a lot of snow to clear! :rolleyes:

Tom:

Everyone likes their scrapple prepared a little differently. When I cook it, I cut it almost paper-thin and then brown it on each side for about 5-8 minutes. It takes on the qualities of a potato chip and it is delicious! I then serve it with a side of pumpkin butter. For whatever reason, the spices in scrapple and the spices in the pumpkin butter just meld together into tastebud nirvanna! You can spread the pumpkin butter on the crispy scrapple pieces and then pick them up and eat them as finger foods. Give a try sometime. :dance:

I hope everyone has recovered from the Great Blizzard of December 2009!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Agreed. Here is how I prepare scrapple: I remove it from the package, divide it in two, give one piece to each dog, then throw some nice sausage in a pan for me :).

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
my house as it looked when I first woke up.

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 233

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I measured 15" at a couple spots out in the open, but the drifts were much deeper and my picnic table out in the woods had about 20" on it. I was too tired after clearing the driveway to get very inspired for a photo shoot, but here's a shot from down by the creek, taken around sunset.

snow1220.jpg

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I enjoy scrapple too, I just try to not look at it too closely! I was brought up with the saying " don't eat anything you don't recognize".

The tradition at our house on a snowy morning is corned beef hash. It gives me lots of long lasting energy to shovel and plow. When I get cold and wet I take a break with a piping hot mug of Guinneiss Extra Stout.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I would have posted earlier but I was pushing snow.

From Saturday morning
I've fallen and can't get up!
P1010626s.JPG

Skit
P1010654s1.JPG

Saturday night, off to the barn
P1010661s.JPG

P1010663as.jpg

P1010665as.jpg

Back to the house
P1010668s.JPG

P1010669as.jpg

Fun
s.jpg

File0006s.jpg

The Wee One needs some help
P1010672s1.JPG

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I tied to get out in the woods yesterday after work, I was the only one to show up so I locked the doors and went home.

My truck had a hard time getting down the road where I wanted to go(first one down this road since the snow) I didn't drive in as far as I wanted to so I tried hoofing it. It was one hell of a walk, plowed through some waist high drifts in the open got into the woods and the snow had all the landscape bowed over pretty good. I went about 2/10th of a mile and backed out, I was wooped. Snow shoes would have been nice. It was real pretty but it was real hard going never made it to the swamp I wanted to. I hope the snow melts some so I can get out before the weekend/holiday.

Chris

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks like Sunday may be the day to head out. The rain and warmer temps on Saturday should improve things a little.

Guy

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
OK, first of all...my scrapple has to be between 1/2 and an inch thick and needs to be CRISPY on the outside....

Secondly, I had a blast playing on Hampton Rd. Sunday night. Of course I got stuck beyond my capabilities, but that is why I never wheel alone. Took about an hour having to BACK down Hampton Rd. to get out, but it was a lot of fun and there is nothing that beats snow in the pines. It is always a lot of funm but I would NEVER recommend anyone going out solo.

Lastly...OK, so we have a KING of the pines. Do we have a QUEEN???? I would like to claim that, hehe!

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I hope not. I have to drive an hour or so each way to go pick up this on Saturday morning. It's our new "visiting the State Parks in the winter" rig. Our 30' TT that we keep at the seasonal campsite all year long is just too much to haul in all those great spots which are off the beaten path. This is small enought for us to take/hide pretty much anywhere.

digi36817323.jpg

digi36817327.jpg

digi36817329.jpg