Snow ??

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
O.K. TeeGate. You are the King. Someday I'll be a Piney then. Thanks for the explanation. I like this site.

No, I am not the king. We have a member named Kingofthepines, so you will never get that name :cry:

Guy

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
4200577419_97e0602da9.jpg

4201330546_4ed56f1004.jpg

Folks:

Okay—I’ve seen enough snow and I am now ready for spring! :siren:

It took me 5.5 hours to clean my driveway, my front walks, and my back walk. I finally surrendered to my tiredness while trying to remove the ice patches from the portion of my driveway closer to the garage. Of course it didn’t help that for the first two hours of grueling work only one auger was operating in my snowblower. I finally discovered the missing shear-bolt and replaced it. Then the machine worked like a champ, but it was still a lot of snow to clear! :rolleyes:

Turtle, To find my house while I'm cooking, just drive to Browns Mills and listen for my smoke detector! I like a nice crust on my scrapple.

Tom:

Everyone likes their scrapple prepared a little differently. When I cook it, I cut it almost paper-thin and then brown it on each side for about 5-8 minutes. It takes on the qualities of a potato chip and it is delicious! I then serve it with a side of pumpkin butter. For whatever reason, the spices in scrapple and the spices in the pumpkin butter just meld together into tastebud nirvanna! You can spread the pumpkin butter on the crispy scrapple pieces and then pick them up and eat them as finger foods. Give a try sometime. :dance:

I hope everyone has recovered from the Great Blizzard of December 2009!!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Just a short walk to the river (Mullica). The woods still a bit deep.....besides we are still shoveling/plowing. A few odd photos.....

This thing was moving a million miles an hour. The river was WINDY

101_4616.JPG

Mullica River not frozen but starting to slush....

101_4622.JPG

Old ice house....

101_4638.JPG

Icicles......in person they sparkled like the 4th of July....

101_4644.JPG

If I had Whip's talent for photo editing....I would have a ball with these next two!

101_4631.JPG

101_4630.JPG

A beautiful day after a winter storm.....tomorrow: the woods!

Stay warm all, Turtle

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Everyone likes their scrapple prepared a little differently. When I cook it, I cut it almost paper-thin and then brown it on each side for about 5-8 minutes...... You can spread the pumpkin butter on the crispy scrapple pieces and then pick them up and eat them as finger foods. Give a try sometime. :dance:

WOW! I like mine 1/4" thick, crispy on the outside, mushy on the inside, with syrup......and a side of eggs over medium......
I will most definately try the pumpkin butter (a favorite).
AGREE.....5 hours of plowing/shoveling (me sneaking out for a walk)....a long day. Jerseyman, try this.....hot bath followed by a warm shower, bowl of soup, good book and blanket in a comfy place.....:)

OK and if you insist........a nice glass of wine.

Turtle

AGREE.....5 hours of plowing/shoveling (me sneaking out for a walk)....a long day. Jerseyman, try this.....hot bath followed by a warm shower, bowl of soup, good book and blanket in a comfy place.....:)

OK and if you insist........a nice glass of wine.

Turtle

Turtle:

I did most of what you suggest: I came in the house and climbed into the whirlpool bath with the water about as hot as I could stand it. I did not take the warm shower, but I did have some New England clam chowder with horseradish garnish for dinner, along with a fresh salad and an indescribably delicious sectioned Comice pear for a light dessert. I would love to do the “good book and blanket in a comfy place” thing you suggest, but I have a report to finish up tonight, so I am down in the library working diligently to complete my assignment.

Oh yeah, and Aleve works pretty well on this old body of mine, too! :)

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
It was pretty interesting how the wind caused the various types of snow drifts. Everyone roof on our street had one side pretty much untouched and the other side with a couple foot or so.

These photos are untouched. That thing under the pile of snow is my wife's Chevy Impala. Notice the shape of the snow and how it looks so much different on one side than it does the other.

CIMG1514Small.jpg

CIMG1515Small.jpg

CIMG1516Small.jpg

CIMG1518Small.jpg

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Turtle, The fella in your last picture is named Hotei and rubbing his belly is supposed to bring wealth and good luck.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I did take a butt whoopin' this weekend. I live in a very open part of P-Town and aside from the snow I catch a drift effect that is insane. I was too much in two days cleaning than I was shooting pics so it is a miss. I was even working in the eve' Saturday. I am tired. Seems the Township of Waterford forgot Pestletown again and our road is a trecherous piece of crap. I saw more equipment from local private comapnies and folk than anything resembling a town or county truck. Finding locations in the yard not affected by drift or otherwise and whence shoveling a clean path, I had a pretty solid... 20+ inches of snow. I'll give it 22 for good measure. My issue because of where I am is drifts. Ugly stuff and my old 1966 Jacobsen plow was not happy. Thank goodness for dad's Ford Backhoe. Seems All back here needed real gear to get out. Some pics...
Guess I should have bothered to put this in the shed, but I got lazy...
It will be where it sits for quite some time now.

So be it.
The Yard...

My own beast. Not usually one to mess with unless you're one of my kids but she was a little plaything today. She rocks. I have the best video of her just knocking around in this all day with the kids but I am not big on putting my kids pics online.
She though... had a blast!

I am tired, it was a lot of work just enabling myself a way out of the yard but we got a little sledding in, lots of snow play for the kids and the day itself weren't that cold actually. The drama was that my dog and cat got in a very bloody battle over heck knows what and the snow impeaded speedy getaway so it got ugly. All in... the bloody mess, was from the dog. The cat, while quite disturbed, got in his licks.
(Oh yeah.... scrapple, good stuff and a good topic for another tale, but I am with you guys. It is the best thing the planet has to offer. On the homestead in Elm, I saw it raw in the makins' and swore I would never have of it. Well age brings with it wisdom, and taste.)
There were more pics today, many more than a camera can take folks... The sun, the snow, the kids, Good stuff. A warm Ham and Bean soup made for my dinner.
My wife is indeed a blessing to me.
I've a few beers in me now and seek for a warm bed.
G'nite.

G.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Cody will lock a point on anything with feathers :rofl: About 20" on the yardstick here. The Borough did a great job clearing stuff. They go out of their way to clear the drives of the elderly residents, and for that get a nice goodie bag this Christmas. :guinness:

4203729568_9306829c6e_b.jpg